About the course
Tips and tactics for speaking confidently in group settings with specific methods to reduce your jitters
Learn to Speak Confidently in Group Settings
It is said that many of us fear speaking in front of others more than death.
While public speaking can be a nerve-wracking experience, it can be extremely beneficial for your career. When you can effectively speak at meetings, give presentations to audiences large and small, and even share your thoughts without time to prepare, you are often perceived as being a better leader than those who remain silent.
If talking in front of a group is difficult or makes you uncomfortable, there are steps you can take to become a more polished and less fearful public speaker.
This webinar provides you with tips and tactics for preparing a presentation, using body language and vocal variety to keep your audience’s attention, and specific methods to reduce your jitters.
Whether you’re an inexperienced public speaker or someone who wants to boost their confidence and delivery, this is a great opportunity to improve your skills in all manner of public speaking situations.
What you will cover
You may never set foot on a big stage but just want to nail it during sales presentations to close more deals or be more comfortable at networking events.
In this webinar, you'll discover tools to minimize your nervousness and a wealth of speaking do's and don'ts, including:
- How to plan an impactful opening, message delivery, and closing
- Tips for getting grounded before you start to speak at meetings and presentations
- Ways to banish the "ums" and "uhs" that clutter your speech
- Non-verbal techniques to use and those to avoid
- How to speak on the spot — even when the topic is not in your comfort zone.
After 90 minutes you’ll come away with specific approaches to improve how you perform at your next meeting or speaking engagement. So join us to improve your ability to speak up and get your message across.
How You Will Benefit
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Manage your fear of speaking in front of groups
- Use effective verbal & nonverbal communication techniques
- Capture and maintain your audience’s attention
- Establish your credibility and build rapport
- Use rehearsals smartly to enhance your presentations.
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.