Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This program is designed for managers with a minimum of five years’ direct management experience. It benefits experienced leaders who hope to be promoted or who have taken on new areas of responsibility, as well as busy executives who have not recently updated their business knowledge or are contemplating an MBA or EMBA. It is recommended for university and college graduates; however, certification is not a prerequisite.
About the course
Highly interactive classroom experiences are supplemented with video lectures and self-paced technology-enhanced learning you complete from home or office.
This cross-section of SEEC’s top MBA subjects builds your complete skill set in a full range of integrated disciplines, including marketing, finance, brand management, strategic planning, supply chain, HR, new technology and business negotiations.
You’ll acquire sought-after expertise and enhance your business acumen and decision-making capabilities through real-time learning and problem-solving approaches. Fill in knowledge gaps with a deeper understanding of cross-functional organization issues, and learn to thrive in an ever-changing corporate landscape defined by business ethics and social responsibility.
Here’s what makes this program ideal for any busy leader on the go who is looking to update their competencies:
- Relevant, state-of-the-art MBA subjects: Develop integrated management competencies through classes in marketing, finance, strategic management, supply chain, human resources, and other key MBA subject areas.
- Convenient class sessions and online prep: Attend one 3-day module in each of the three months of the program. Between modules, engage with online modules, videos and readings at your own pace.
- World-class faculty: Interact and learn from top-rated instructors from Schulich’s MBA and EMBA programs, consistently ranked among the world’s best.
- Instant application to our Team Strategy Case Project: Apply and synthesize your newly acquired skills to a challenging team project that is modeled after the renowned Schulich Strategy Field Study and get feedback from professional experts.
- Networking opportunities with highly experienced leaders and executives: Connect with and learn from your peers from across a wide range of sectors, industries and professions.
Critical Thinking, Economics, Strategy, Marketing
Leadership Skills for a Complex World
Develop leadership skills that allow you to identify and challenge taken-for-granted assumptions and develop new ways of thinking.
- Enhance your ability to apply critical and strategic thinking to complex business problems
- Learn the thinking and reflective skills required for leadership
Economic Environment of Business
Examine factors that affect supply and demand, the role of prices, product differentiation strategies and government policy impact.
- Learn to identify, understand and evaluate the domestic and global forces that cause economic change
- Learn how changes in the economic environment affect business performance and strategic options
Strategic Management I
Learn principles of business strategy and analytical frameworks for evaluating alternative strategies.
- Become familiar with the strategic planning process; starting with setting the vision and ending with monitoring and evaluation
- Increase your awareness of the internal and external factors that guide and impact your strategic thinking
Marketing and Brand Strategy
Explore the role of marketing in the value creation process and how products, services and strategic branding determine your marketing mix.
- Learn essential marketing concepts such as: buyer behaviour, segmentation, targeting, pricing, distribution and positioning
- Examine contemporary marketing strategies
- Examine the creation of new products and deletion of obsolete products in the marketing mix
- Learn how to integrate new offerings and brands
Managing Technologies, Strategy, Supply Chain, Ethics and CSR
Strategic Management II
Choose and define purposes and objectives of strategy, and monitor strategic performance.
- Develop the capacity to be purposeful and disciplined in your strategic thinking
- Enhance your ability to understand and consider the implications of your decisions
Managing New Technologies
Link business strategy to innovation and new technology in your industry.
- Learn what questions to ask about the viability of emerging technologies
- Learn how to assess market potential and organizational capabilities regarding emerging new technologies
Understand modern investment and finance including: asset valuation, capital budgeting, risk management and performance assessment.
- Learn to understand the investment decision process
- Learn the connection between organizational strategy and financial performance
Supply Chain Management
Develop a process view of operations and make key supply chain improvement decisions.
- Learn to understand the key operational decisions of capacity, cycle time, quality and linkages in the value chain
- Learn to create and manage a supply chain strategy
Business Ethics and Social Responsibility
Explore the social and ethical challenges facing contemporary organizations.
- Learn strategies for dealing with social and ethical problems
- Enhance your personal moral insight
HR, Leading Change, Negotiations, Graduation
Essentials of Human Resource Management
Learn HR from a managerial standpoint with new perspectives on actively managing your own career.
- Gain an understanding of the ways in which HR practices can substantially contribute to a firm’s performance and objectives, and address current employee issues
- Develop a personal brand and career vision
Uncover the nature of change and how to manage resistance to strategic change.
- Develop your capacity to foster & lead sustainable change
- Examine the challenge and nature of change and uncover why 80% of change initiatives fail
Learn, practise and refine negotiation skills.
- Gain knowledge of the different approaches to negotiations, as well as your own negotiation style
- Learn strategies and tactics for negotiating and resolving conflicts more effectively
Presentations, Graduation and Closing
Deliver a team presentation featuring guest adjudicators, plus graduation and closing ceremonies.
Biography Beppino Pasquali is a Canadian chartered accountant with 20 years’ experience in accounting and taxation for small- to medium-sized companies. He advises clients in achieving growth and shareholder value. His considerable experience is evident in the seminar as he incorporates real life...
Stephen Friedman is an executive coach, career coach, facilitator and trainer, working in the areas of management interpersonal skills, group development, strategic thinking skills and HR for numerous organizations and individuals. His experience with in this area spans over 20 years. He speciali...
Professor of Organization Studies, Schulich School of Business Ingo’s research and teaching interests include leadership, creativity, and organizational change. As a teacher, Ingo is passionate about developing his students’ skills in seeing the world as a place of opportunity.
Gary Miller is an Instructor in the MBA program for the Schulich School of Business, York University. He has more than 25 years of experience coaching individuals and teams to develop confidence and competence as leaders skilled at driving business results. Familiar in delivering exceptional pre...
Atipol is a highly rated professor at the Shulich School of Business at York University. He specializes in alternative financial arrangements, international technology transfer, multinational corporations as well as economic development of South East Asia.
Passionate about Corporate Social Responsibility and developing strategies to help organizations make sustainability practices a key part of their business model. Experience in collaborating with business partners and consumers to analyze their needs and execute campaigns accordingly allows me to...
Biography Ajay is a senior marketing professor at Schulich. His research has won awards internationally. Ajay is the author of three books including: Marketing Led – Sales Driven: How Successful Businesses Use The Power Of Marketing Plans And Sales Execution To Win In The Marketplace and Marketin...
Biography Wissam AlHussaini holds a PhD in Business Administration from John Molson School of Business at Concordia University and an MBA degree from Suliman S. Olayan School of Business at the American University of Beirut. Over the years, Wissam has designed and delivered numerous training prog...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.