Scenario Planning and Strategic Thinking
Learn how to build an effective scenario plan and think strategically in a complex and uncertain environment .
Key features of this programme:
- Hands-on: we will outline the best thinking in the field and give you an opportunity to apply and experience the techniques.
- Practical: A no-hold barred approach to the case studies so you can understand what worked and what failed in different organisations.
- Resources: You will receive a workbook and resources so you can implement this approach in your own organisation.
- Experienced and innovative faculty: The faculty bring a wealth of experience and a reputation for challenging conventional thinking in the practice of strategic thinking and planning.
- Interactive format: A mix of presentations, discussion and practical implementation to ensure that you learn in a variety of ways.
How you will benefit
After attending this programme, delegates will be able to:
- Understand how to think strategically in a complex, uncertain and changing environment;
- Assemble the basic building blocks of a practical scenario plan;
- Scan the environment to identify trends, drivers of change and key uncertainties;
- Construct alternative future scenarios facing your organisation;
- Test your current business idea against a range of different futures;
- Identify how to develop a resilient strategy to cope with these uncertainties;
- Define the capabilities required to execute this strategy; and
- Build a scenario plan for a range of situations and organisations
Who should attend
This programme is for leaders, managers, directors, business unit heads, functional specialists and consultants that need to:
- Think strategically about the future;
- Set future strategy in uncertain and complex environments;
- Prepare their organisation's capabilities for a range of alternative future scenarios; and
- Introduce greater creativity and innovation into their strategy.