Scenario Planning and Strategic Thinking
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with GIBS Business School.Full disclaimer.
Learn how to build an effective scenario plan and think strategically in a complex and uncertain environment .
Key features of this programme:
- Hands-on: we will outline the best thinking in the field and give you an opportunity to apply and experience the techniques.
- Practical: A no-hold barred approach to the case studies so you can understand what worked and what failed in different organisations.
- Resources: You will receive a workbook and resources so you can implement this approach in your own organisation.
- Experienced and innovative faculty: The faculty bring a wealth of experience and a reputation for challenging conventional thinking in the practice of strategic thinking and planning.
- Interactive format: A mix of presentations, discussion and practical implementation to ensure that you learn in a variety of ways.
How you will benefit
After attending this programme, delegates will be able to:
- Understand how to think strategically in a complex, uncertain and changing environment;
- Assemble the basic building blocks of a practical scenario plan;
- Scan the environment to identify trends, drivers of change and key uncertainties;
- Construct alternative future scenarios facing your organisation;
- Test your current business idea against a range of different futures;
- Identify how to develop a resilient strategy to cope with these uncertainties;
- Define the capabilities required to execute this strategy; and
- Build a scenario plan for a range of situations and organisations
Who should attend
This programme is for leaders, managers, directors, business unit heads, functional specialists and consultants that need to:
- Think strategically about the future;
- Set future strategy in uncertain and complex environments;
- Prepare their organisation's capabilities for a range of alternative future scenarios; and
- Introduce greater creativity and innovation into their strategy.