About the course
Growth requires getting people to do more and do it better. Senior executives, managers, frontline employees and other players need to spread existing pockets of excellence to more people in more places. This course is based on the premise that scaling is a crucial skill for building vibrant and enduring organizations—small startups to large enterprises—in every industry and sector. You will learn best practices and principles for scaling excellence, and hear from industry leaders who have applied these principles successfully.
Learn how to
- Build an organizational mindset of accountability and ownership
- Learn how to scale up organizations and projects by creating strong and resilient bonds between people. Enable people to feel and act as if they own the place and the place owns them.
- Evaluate the scaling capacity of your organization
- Learn to identify the prevalent mindset within your company, and what are some taboos that exist within your organization. Evaluate the grit and resilience of the people involved in your scaling effort. Decide whether your scaling effort requires a Catholic approach (emphasizing replication) or a Buddhist approach (emphasizing variation).
- Avoid traps that inhibit scaling
- Sidestep common scaling mistakes by applying the pre-mortem methodology and by learning from stories and case studies of companies who have scaled successfully.
Research Statement Professor Rao studies collective action within organizations and in markets. His research and by implication, his teaching, revolves around scaling up mobilization, innovation, and talent in organizations. Teaching Statement Professor Rao teaches courses on Scaling up Excellenc...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.