Who should attend
This course is designed as an introductory, awareness level course, for any worker who will be working in or around scaffolding. In most cases this will pertain to the construction or maintenance of buildings, but can also include any type of work being done at height, where the worker will need an elevated, flat surface.
About the course
Do you remember building giant structures with erector sets, putting together tiny pieces of metal and then piling all your other toys on them to see how much they could hold? With our Scaffold Safety training program, you won't wonder about your portable scaffolding capacity. Learn ways to construct safe platforms, safely access scaffolding, and provide fall protection. Safely put together a truly giant structure from sound footings, to tie-offs, to scaffold platforms.
You'll learn how to protect workers below from falling objects and even how to safely use rolling scaffolding. Be prepared to erect scaffolding, safely work on or around scaffolding, or supervise its use. You might not be able to build a massive helli-train-o-tractor-o-copter with construction scaffolding, but you can build and work safely with scaffolding education from our Scaffold Safety program.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Apply knowledge on scaffolding safety in the workplace
- Learn in a systematic manner designed to get you up to speed on the subject matter in a short period of time
- Define OSHA and identify its competence and qualifications
- Identify scaffold capacity, platform construction and scaffold access
- Discuss methods of fall protection and explain the hazards of falling objects and building scaffold footings
- Identify scaffold tie-offs and mobile scaffolds
- OSHA Definitions – Competent
- OSHA Definitions – Qualified
- Scaffold Capacity
- Platform Construction
- Scaffold Access
- Fall Protection
- Falling Objects
- Scaffold Footings
- Scaffold Tie-Offs
- Mobile Scaffolds
- Training Requirements
- Things To Remember
## Course Methodology
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.