Sales Presentation Skills
In our Sales Presentation Skills we combine our abilities to ask, listen, and solve for our existing and potential customers.
Sales and trade exist because people need and are looking for that which is better than what they have. Sometimes, they don’t even know that they have a need.
The critical piece of this process is “connecting the dots.” We must demonstrate that we have listened respectfully, and, as experts, show how the needs are tied directly to our answer. Just because they have a need and we have a solution doesn’t mean that it’s a guaranteed sale.
Connecting their needs to our solution is precisely what the Sales Presentation Skills class is all about.
Outcomes – Participants will be able to:
- Research and understand each unique customer to demonstrate expertise;
- Conduct productive meetings to discover useful information to formulate the most effective solution(s);
- Propose plans that are fully aligned with the target’s situation and needs;
- Increase abilities to engage and motivate the prospect/client through compelling presentations;
- Convey emotional intelligence enthusiasm and sincerity to get client buy-in;
- Strengthen professionalism through dynamic story-telling, elevating the level of rapport; and
- Create positive messages even from negative, modeling a problem-solving, can-do attitude for the audience.
Sales Acumen for Non-Sales Professionals
Deliver Better Business Results by Integrating Professional Sales Practices into your Regular Activities
Non-sales professionals are often on the front lines of their organization, delivering services to clients. Having face time with clients provides an opportunity to sell, but many people with no sales training are uncomfortable in a sales function.
In this workshop, you will explore a fundamental set of business-building principles, strategies and tactics. You will also practice an array of effective sales skills and learn to incorporate them into your regular business activities. The objective is to help you become more at ease in a sales capacity, while delivering increased business value to your organization.
- Internalize a comfortable mindset around selling, and sell in a way that enhances your professional esteem
- Enhance your fluency in connecting your clients’ needs with your own unique offering
- Adopt basic marketing concepts in your personal communication strategies
- Discover ways to develop new business opportunities with existing clients
- Attract and close business with new clients
- Achieve longer-term, more abundant and more profitable business for your organization
- Developing a positive sales mindset: connecting sales with your personal values and professional growth, setting direction and boundaries
- Building an effective sales framework: relationships between principles, strategy and tactics, uncovering your client’s true objectives
- Common sales methodologies and the best uses for each method
- Gaining new clients: identifying and qualifying new opportunities, client communication strategies, closing new business collaboratively
- Extending client engagements: identifying and assessing new opportunities with existing clients, turning scope creep into new business
- Persuasion fluency: establishing peer-like relationships, positioning yourself as indispensable to your client’s objectives, being relevant to different levels of management
- Achieving favourable client management metrics: profitability, retention, referrals
This workshop provides a comfortable yet challenging learning environment in which to experiment with and refine your sales approach. The methods explored are effective in a variety of situations—from engaging new clients, to expanding business with existing clients, to selling ideas internally within your own organization.
Who should attend
This course applies to any non-sales professional who deals directly with customers. It is of particular interest to client managers, consultants and subject matter experts in business and professional services (e.g. HR, IT, Engineering, Accounting, Legal, Transportation etc.) who want to attract, retain and grow their client business.