Who should attend
Senior and middle level managers/executives/officers, handling rural market functions like distribution, product planning, test marketing, new market exploration or those assigned to develop their company's existing market further in rural areas across FMCG, service, and non-farm products. Executives from companies/NGOs exploring new rural markets or trying new products in rural markets or marketing rural food/non-farm products in urban markets will find this programme useful.
About the course
Rural markets are gaining importance in emerging economies. A large number of businesses are involved in the marketing of various products in the rural areas of India and elsewhere. The main objective of this programme is to develop a strong foundation of applied knowledge, concepts, approaches and analytical skills in the participants for successful marketing of products and services to rural consumers and users.
- Rural environment and rural markets
- State and scope of the rural market
- Rural buyer and user/consumer behaviour
- Rural market segmentation and BoP markets
- Rural product management strategy
- Pricing in rural markets
- Innovative rural distribution and channel management
- Rural communication and promotion
- Creating new rural and innovative markets
- Rural marketing strategy formulation
- Franchising for rural marketing
- Rural supermarkets
- Rural non-farm products marketing
Educational Qualifications Ph.D.(Economics), Institute for Social and Economic Change (ISEC), Bangalore, Bangalore University, Bangalore. M.Phil. (Applied Economics), Centre for Development Studies (CDS), Thiruvananthapurum (Kerala), Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi Academic Affilia...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.