Who should attend
This course is perfect for anyone who aspires to run their own fashion label but has limited or no experience of the fashion industry. The course will develop your understanding of how the fashion industry works, and provide the first steps to running your own label.
About the course
This introductory-level course provides a foundational understanding of the fashion industry, essential to anyone hoping to establish their own fashion label. You will gain knowledge of the key factors needed to make a successful fashion business; understanding fashion markets, getting the right team, producing a tight business plan, PR and marketing, and design and production.
Over the course you will conduct your own research, which will help you to develop the vision for your fashion label, and complete a set of exercises to reinforce the skills and techniques you will be taught. By the end of the course you will be able to deliver a presentation to the group outlining your business strategy for your own fashion label.
- Introduction to the fashion business
- Planning in the fashion industry
- Consumer profiles and target customers
- Making a business plan that works
- Handling the financials
- PR and Marketing
- Manufacturing procedures
- The design and production cycle
- Final presentation
By the end of the course you will have;
- Developed a foundational understanding of the Fashion Business sector and how it operates
- Gained an understanding of how a fashion label operates
- Conducted a trend forecasting exercise
- Learnt how to evaluate your business and your competitors
- Made initial plans on how you will finance your label
- Planned ideas for a PR campaign, tailored to your business
- Given a presentation outlining a possible strategy for your own label to the class
- Received feedback from your tutor and advice on how to progress beyond this course
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
As a Creative Business Development Consultant Drapers Record, OHTV and The Guardian have spotlighted her for her creative business prowess. A visiting lecturer and alumni of University of the Arts London, (Central Saint Martins and The London College of Fashion), she received her PGCE in Teachin...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.