Role of the Finance Director
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The Institute of Directors.Full disclaimer.
In an increasingly competitive and regulatory environment, the demands on the modern finance director continue to evolve. As financial custodian and enabler of commercial business strategy, the finance director is a key member of the board of directors.
Whether you are newly appointed, aspiring to the role, or looking to improve your performance with fresh insight, this practical course will equip you with the essential knowledge to fulfil the role successfully.
Learn how to balance the demands of this crucial and complex role, and ensure that financial strategies support the broader corporate aims of the business.
This course provides a unique opportunity to gain a clearer insight into your boardroom responsibilities, how to fulfil them effectively and how to improve your personal contribution. It will also enable examination of your financial strategies and how these support the broader corporate aims or your organisation.
By attending this course you will gain the knowledge and skills to:
- Assess the finance director's critical success factors and key tasks, and how these can be best achieved
- Identify the critical connections between corporate, business and financial strategies
- Provide appropriate financial information to the board, including what, when, why, how and to whom
- Better handle the problems of the finance director's multiple board responsibilities
- Recognise how other financial directors tackle the role and achieve results
- Re-assess the finance director's responsibilities to fellow directors, shareholders, employees, financial institutions and other key stakeholders
- Appreciate ethical board issues and the special duties of a finance director