Comprehensive course analysis
About the course
The chair has a critical influence on a board's style, composition, balance and performance. This popular course provides a unique opportunity to review the chair’s role in light of current legal requirements and good practice.
Whether you are newly appointed, or looking to improve your performance with a fresh perspective, practical case-study led insight shared on the day will equip you with the essential knowledge and skill-set to fulfil your role successfully.
This course provides an opportunity to review your role and update yourself on current good practice. Gain an improved understanding of the various roles which a chair has to perform and your influence on composing and developing a better board, with an update on good boardroom practice including recent developments in Corporate Governance.
By attending this course you will gain the knowledge and skills to:
- Appreciate the board's role, purpose and key tasks
- Define the role and responsibilities of the chair in successfully leading and chairing a board
- Compose and develop a more effective board
- Assess key director relationships
- Make proper use of both executive and non-executive directors
- Plan and run effective board meetings
- Understand the skills and personal qualities most likely to help achieve competence in the role
Business experience Janhavi Dadarkar has over a decade of experience in advising companies, directors and enterprising individuals on company law, corporate governance and intellectual property protection. She is a recognised expert on commercial transactions with an international flavour and has...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.