Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Product managers.
- Product development teams.
- Technology and technical managers.
- Innovation managers/directors.
- Strategy planners.
- Strategy consultants.
About the course
This online course will provide a thorough introduction to product-technology roadmapping and strategic roadmapping, including hands-on activities, during which roadmaps will be created. In addition, and as part of the learning process, each delegate will develop their own roadmap (for their own product/service/idea) with support and guidance provided by the course tutors. Delegates will benefit from additional material and discussions regarding decision-making tools that can be integrated into roadmapping, workshop facilitation practices and key considerations in organisational roadmapping capability development.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN/EXPERIENCE
- How roadmapping can help organisations to align technology and commercial perspectives.
- Approaches for implementing roadmapping at the product-technology, innovation, business and sector levels.
- Multifunctional workshop methods for implementing roadmapping.
- The application of roadmapping as a platform for management tools.
- Practical hands-on application and guided development of roadmaps, including roadmaps for delegates’ own topics of interest.
- Session 1 – 4: Principles and concepts on roadmapping with hands-on practice on case study.
- Tutorial component (guided application by delegates): Each delegate will be tasked with creating a roadmap for their matter of interest (e.g. a product, service, idea) over a week, and will receive direct support from course tutors to guide the development of their roadmap.
- Session 5: Feedback and discussions on delegates’ roadmaps.
Dr Imoh Michael Ilevbare works at IfM Education and Consultancy Services at the University of Cambridge as a Senior Solutions Development Specialist. He has responsibility for the development and delivery of management tools for industry application from Institute for Manufacturing (IfM) research...
Nicky is a Senior Industrial Fellow at IfM Education and Consultancy Services (IfM ECS). She is responsible for developing custom-designed services to support the strategy and innovation activities of companies of all sizes. She has worked with many organisations across different sectors, includ...
Andi is an accomplished manufacturing professional, with more than 15 years’ experience in electronics manufacturing companies where she held a variety of senior management positions in supply chain, manufacturing engineering and operations management. She has led a number of key business project...
Dr Diana Khripko is a Solution Development Specialist at IfM Education and Consultancy Services at the University of Cambridge. She is part of a team which consults industry and public sector on Innovation and Technology Management. Within its consultancy projects different management tools from ...
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.