Who should attend
- Front middle and back office professionals
- financial journalists
- legislators and regulators
About the course
This course is a comprehensive review of the objectives and regulations of the Dodd-Frank Act. The impact of the act on financial intermediaries, financial markets and instruments is covered in detail.
- Knowledge of financial markets.
MODULE 1: INTRODUCTION TO THE ACT
- History of Dodd-Frank
- Overview of the Law
- Role of Regulators
- History of Dodd-Frank Regulations
- Consumer Protections
- Ending Too Big To Fail
- Living Will
- Collateral Requirements
- Derivatives Reporting Requirements
- Position Limits
- Federal Bank Supervision
- Executive Compensation
- Credit Rating Agencies
- Business Conduct Verification
- Advanced Warning
- Transparency and Accountability for Exotic Instruments
- Minerals From Specified Sources
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
CURRENT REGULATORY REFORMS AND REAL-TIME CONSEQUENCES IN TODAY'S FINANCIAL MARKETS
- Describe the components of the Dodd-Frank regulatory reforms
- Compare and contrast proposed changes to the financial regulatory framework being proposed by the UK and Europe
- Identify advantages and disadvantages to proposed regulations
- Discuss banks' reactions to regulations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.