Who should attend
Students from all educational backgrounds welcome.
About the course
Effective Risk Management, including the ability to communicate risk with the community, is necessary for success in today’s business world. Today risk management and communication are often a regulated activity. Learn what is required to implement an effective risk management system; including the tools, people and systems for identification of hazards, evaluating the associated risks, and if acceptable what needs to be done to manage those risks effectively. Human factor issues have been at the root of ~80% of incidents, therefore the course will also focus on these “human factor” issues.
Course at a glance
- Offered fully online or through blended (online + in-class) learning.
- Aimed at entry-level and practicing health and safety coordinators, professionals, officers, technicians, supervisors, trainers, management, and administrators.
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Define and describe key risk-related concepts and terms as they apply to the risk management process.
- Identify human elements of risk, including the interrelationship between risk management methods, processes, and models and an organization’s overall functions.
- Develop risk management tools and apply them to real-world contexts.
- Identify risk management tools and strategies that address issues of corporate culture and can be integrated into risk management planning and decision-making.
- Design a risk communications message with objectives and strategies appropriate for a safety audience.
- Evaluate and apply different communication models and processes, and their potential uses within risk communications and crisis communications.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.