Who should attend
Students from all educational backgrounds welcome.
About the course
This course will provide an overview of risk financing. Topics include: estimating hazard risk, transferring hazard risk through insurance, self-insurance plans, retrospective rating plans, reinsurance, captive insurance and contractual risk transfer, transferring financial risk to the financial market, and allocating costs of managing hazard risks.
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you should be able formulate:
- What is risk financing and why is it needed?
- How much financing is required?
- What are some of the ways to finance this requirement?
- Who are the supplier/client groups and how to deal with them?
- What is the evolving role of risk financing within the organization?
and be able to:
- Perform basic statistical functions
- Understand in general terms some of the financial instruments applied to risk financing
- Ask basic questions regarding risk financing
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.