Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
- New or seasoned benefits professionals
- Human resource professionals
- Administrative and customer service staff
- Representatives of insurance companies and third-party administrators
- Professionals in all service areas, including consulting, legal and financial services
- Communication, marketing and sales professionals
- Benefit plan trustees who need to understand the technical aspects of the plans they serve
- Corporate and single employer benefit plans
- Multiemployer benefit plans
- Public sector/government benefit plans
About the course
- Overview of Social Security
- Retirement plan philosophy
- Defined contribution plans
- Defined benefit plans
- Hybrid plans
- Legal/regulatory environment
- Distribution options
- Benefit design and financing issues
- Case study
Benefits of Attending
- Learn from industry experts and your peers.
- Gain valuable written materials and resources.
- Discuss the strategies that plans are implementing today and considering for tomorrow.
- Connect with others who are dealing with similar issues.
- Demonstrate your knowledge through interactive exercises and case studies.
Overview John McCarthy received his PhD from the School of Management and Labor Relations at Rutgers University. Prior to joining Cornell’s ILR School, he was a Visiting Doctoral Student and the Northrop Grumman Research Fellow at The Wharton School and a Postdoctoral Fellow at MIT''s Sloan Scho...
Mr. Ahl is a consulting actuary at FACT with over 20 years of experience in consulting on issues related to qualified and nonqualified pension plans, medical, dental and life insurance plans. His extensive experience includes consulting on issues relating to the Affordable Care Act, plan design, ...
As senior manager, ACA Services with Ernst & Young (EY), Mr. Krupa is an Affordable Care Act (ACA) subject matter professional in EY’s Indirect Tax practice. He advises clients on matters related to ACA reporting including data requirements, measurement options, compliance requirements and ot...
Whether she is preparing to teach a course about Choice Based Benefits or reading a new book at home about the pre-Civil War era, Rae Anne Beaudry is constantly learning. “I have been in the employee benefits arena as an agent, intermediary or consultant for more than 20 years, and I learn someth...
Dr. Lemkin is president and co-founder of Med-Care Management Inc., a company specifically founded to provide utilization management services to jointly trusteed health and welfare funds. She has developed a data management system to analyze utilization, monitor quality issues and identify trends...
Mr. Callahan serves as president of Edu4Retirement, Inc., a financial servicing firm specializing in planning and investing for retirement. He is also a principal with Retirement Plan Advisory Services, LLC, which provides qualified retirement plan compliance-related services to broker-dealers an...
Mr. Draper is a senior manager in the Ernst & Young LLP People Advisory Services (PAS) practice in Dallas. He has over 20 years of actuarial and employee benefits consulting experience. At EY, Mr. Draper developed the actuarial components of the firm’s Affordable Care Act (ACA) benefits model...
Mr. Dunlop is an integrated marketing , communications, sales and administrative officer with a strong focus on product and business development and implementation. His main concentration is in financial services, annuities and health and welfare programs with additional success in integrating di...
Larry has over 35 years experience in working in sales. His focus is helping clients gain greater value from their sales channels. His experience includes customer segmentation, sales strategy, sales process and execution, building sales models, skills, competency models, sales training including...
I have over 20 years of benefits management experience. I am responsible for the administration of self-funded health & welfare Section 125 plans, including medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD, FSA, HSA, wellness and leave programs, 401(k), SERP and Pension plans, union benefits, vacation...
Some reviews for this course are not publicly available