Who should attend
- Benefits professionals
- Human resource generalists who deal with plan participants
- Administrative and customer service staff
- Representatives of insurance companies and third-party administrators
- Professionals in all service areas, including consulting, law and financial service
- Communication, marketing and sales professionals
- Benefit plan trustees who need to understand the technical aspects of the plans they serve
About the course
- Overview of Social Security
- Retirement plan philosophy
- Defined contribution plans
- Defined benefit plans
- Hybrid plans
- Legal/regulatory environment
- Distribution options
- Benefit design and financing issues
Benefits of Attending
- Learn from industry experts and your peers.
- Gain valuable written materials and resources.
- Discuss the strategies that plans are implementing today and considering for tomorrow.
- Connect with others who are dealing with similar issues.
- Demonstrate your knowledge through interactive exercises and case studies.
Mr. Egelberg is a consulting actuary in the Times Square office of FACT. Prior to joining FACT, he coordinated the development of another major firm’s nationwide actuarial and consulting services to U.S. multiemployer funds. Mr. Egelberg has 35 years of experience with retirement programs, helpin...
Mr. Grieb is the director of regulatory services for Empower Retirement. He has practiced in a variety of employee benefits areas, including retirement plans, health plans, cafeteria plans, single and multiemployer plans, and executive compensation. Mr. Grieb received a J.D. degree with highest d...
Bruce Schobel first heard the word actuary at 18, when a stranger delivering the prize money he’d won in a math contest encouraged him to pursue the profession. The encounter stuck with him when he entered MIT to study mathematics, although his advisors discouraged a career in actuarial work, war...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.