About the course
This course provides an introduction to exit and disposal cost obligations, related termination benefits, as well as the presentation and disclosure requirements of such activities. Accounting for exit and disposal costs (and related termination benefits) depends on a variety of factors that will also be covered in this course, such as the timing of recognition, measurement and classification.
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- determine how to account for exit or disposal costs within the scope of ASC 420
- recognize the accounting for voluntary and involuntary termination benefits
- classify involuntary termination benefits as either one-time (ASC 420) or contractual (ASC 712)
- determine the accounting for involuntary termination benefits depending on the classification and whether future service is required
- recall the presentation and disclosure requirements associated with restructuring activities.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.