Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This Oxford Management Centre online training programme on Response to Suspicious Objects is ideal for Police and Civil Defense First Responders. It is suitable for junior to middle rank officers who manage response to operational incidents and who manage incident scenes. It would benefit Senior Officers who supervise or mentor junior officers who perform this role.
This programme is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Lieutenant Colonels
About the course
Safely Managing Risk, Evidence and Officer Safety
This Response to Suspicious Objects online training programme is an excellent opportunity for emergency response officers and associated roles to enrich their ability to identify how these scenes are responded to and managed, this includes how the scenes are assessed, secured, preserved and examined so that harvesting of forensic opportunities are maximized.
This Oxford Management Centre online training programme on Response to Suspicious Objects provides the participant with the opportunity to acquire transferable skills within the field of policing including scene containment, crime scene management, practical aspects of risk management, and managing people.
This online training programme will be delivered by an experienced Trainer who will bring a wealth of theoretical and practical knowledge to enhance the learning. There is a strong emphasis on employability skills throughout. This interactive training programme will help you to determine how to define and detect a suspicious object and will explore the ways of managing the risk for a safe outcome.
This Response to Suspicious Objects online training programme will highlight:
- Key roles and responsibilities involved in managing and examining reports of suspicious objects
- Manage the initial response to a suspicious object report and response considerations
- HOT Principles
- Joint Agency Working, JESIP, Joint Emergency Services Interoperability Principles
- Principles of Containment and importance of securing, preserving, and incident site
- Manage risk to ensuring appropriate Health and Safety
- The possible forensic evidence types available from serious traffic collision scenes
At the end of this online training programme, you will learn to:
- Understand the principles of effectively responding to reports of suspicious objects
- Provide the key initial actions to ensure officer and public safety
- Manage a scene with effective health and safety, evidence gathering and scene preservation
- Facilitate effective management of the incident through a Command and Control mechanism
- Work in a Joint Services arena of operation through agreed principles
- Deal effectively with witnesses, suspects, and the general public
- How to apply HOT Principles
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
The organization will acquire a thorough understanding of the principles and practices required in effective response to reports of suspicious objects to ensure safe and positive outcomes.
- Establish standardized procedures of responding to reports of suspicious objects.
- Enhance public trust and confidence in the organization’s ability to manage incident scenes.
- Develop standardized protocols for containment at incident scenes.
- Improve knowledge of staff.in managing initial response and develop awareness of risk to ensure officer safety
- Build in organizational resilience for Major Scene Managers
- Less days lost through accidental injury to officers
- Reputational Integrity through enhanced confidence and trust of Government Departments
Delegates will gain skills in safely managing scenes and co-working with other agencies:
- Awareness of the critical challenges of initial responding to reports of suspicious objects
- Identifying resources, experts and other supporting specialists that can maximize effective management of scenes of suspicious objects
- Understanding the processes and discipline required to successfully contain scenes involving suspicious objects
- Understanding managing and sequencing the roles and responsibilities for all those engaged in scene examination
- Development in working in a multi-agency situation with standardized command structure
- Enhanced knowledge of managing Health and Safety
- Developing skills in a decision-making process that can be applied to variety of situations
DAY 1 Defining a Suspicious Object, Response Principles and Containment
- Definition of Suspicious Object
- Introduction to Desktop exercise
- HOT Principles
- Deployment priorities and considerations
- Containment Specific for Suspicious Objects
DAY 2 Scene and Risk Management and Command and Control
- Scene Management
- Locard’s Principle of Exchange
- Managing Risks
- Safe Scene considerations
- Command and Control
DAY 3 Principles of Multi Agency Working and Initial Investigation Actions
- Multi agency working and JESIP Principles (Joint Emergency Interoperability Principles)
- Golden Hour of Investigation and Lines of Enquiry
- Effective Management of Investigation Process at Scene
- Witness Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.