Who should attend
This program is intended for any executive or professional involved in making regulatory decisions or interacting with regulatory issues. It is well-suited and offers valuable skills for executives or professionals from around the world who work with regulation at the local, state, provincial, regional, national, or international levels, whether from business or government. Professionals from corporations, independent regulatory organizations, government ministries or departments, law firms, insurance companies, advocacy organizations, and non-profit institutions will gain and refine essential skills.
This program will also be especially valuable to individuals in organizations impacted by recent changes in regulatory legislation, affected by new technologies, and/or dealing with complex data, privacy, transparency, and information disclosure policies.
Participants who complete the program will earn a certificate in Regulatory Analysis & Decision- Making from University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School.
About the course
Each day, executives and professionals working in a wide variety of public- and private-sector and non-profit organizations—across every major sector of the economy—must take actions that have significant regulatory implications. To make smarter decisions, leaders and their organizations need to draw on an arsenal of analytic tools to assess regulatory problems and identify and evaluate solutions.
This live, virtual course builds the skills professionals need to analyze and make regulatory decisions, as well as to operate effectively within an ever-changing regulatory environment. Participants will hone the skills needed for understanding and assessing regulations — and for making smarter management and compliance-related decisions.
Make an Immediate Impact on Your Career and Organization
This program offers you the opportunity to learn from some of the foremost authorities on regulatory policy, engage with a diverse group of professionals, and develop skills to make an impact in your career.
Through this interactive program, you will:
- Develop your capacity to use core analytical tools essential for making, assessing, and responding to regulatory decisions.
- Ground yourself in the major concepts and techniques used to inform and improve decision-making across all areas of economic and social regulation.
- Enhance your capabilities within your professional setting to establish, implement, enforce, influence, or comply with regulations.
- Strengthen your ability to draw on analytical techniques when providing internal or external input into regulatory development, review, and modification.
Sample Topics Covered*
In addition to the analytic skills covered in this program, participants will discuss a range of leading topics in regulation, such as:
- Behavioral economics and nudges
- Risk-based regulation
- Flexible regulatory design
- Artificial intelligence/machine learning
- Incorporating new technology
- Regulation and inequality
- Transparency and information disclosure
The live virtual format is designed to foster a cross-disciplinary discussion to maximize your learning experience.
- Regulatory Analysis and Decision-Making will take place on Penn Law’s Zoom platform.
- There will be two-to-three interactive sessions and group discussions each day. Breaks will also be scheduled intermittently.
- Course materials and pre-recorded sessions will be available to help participants prepare for the program.
Cary Coglianese is the Edward B. Shils Professor of Law and Professor of Political Science at the University of Pennsylvania, where he currently serves as the director of the Penn Program on Regulation and has served as the law school’s Deputy Dean for Academic Affairs. He specializes in the stud...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.