About the course
The Recovery Specialist (CRS) certificate program is ideal for individuals who are interested in becoming peer professionals trained to help others move through the recovery process. The courses in Villanova’s Recovery Specialist program are designed to fulfill the Pennsylvania Certification Board (PCB) education requirement in order to take the CRS exam.
To complete the program and receive a Villanova University certificate of completion students must attend 7 required courses.
About the Program
- Counseling & Peer Support
- Ethical Decision Making
- Recovery Skills Planning
- Substance Abuse Treatment
- Comm. Skills in Recovery
- Advocacy for Self & Others
- Group Counseling with Substance Abusers
- Earn .80 CEU's - 8 classroom education hours (56 total hours) - for each class to apply towards PCB certification or certificate renewal.
- Classes are held Saturday's for 9 hours with a 1 hour lunch break.
- To complete the program and earn a certificate of completion, students must attend all 7 courses and receive a passing grade.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.