Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with IFF Training.Full disclaimer.
About the course
A huge amount of money has, and will continue to be, made in real estate investments. However, it is no secret that technological change has finally caught up with the industry, leading to wide variations in sectoral performance. When taken together with population growth, the result has been a magnification of the need for accurate due diligence on investments and new construction. Fresh challenges mean that real estate investment and financing have in turn started the long journey to complete transformation. From conventional loans that resembled one another, financing and investing in property has become as varied as the investments they support. It is crucial to keep up with the current market changes and challenges to ensure you can exploit the opportunities that are developing in markets worldwide.
This course has been designed to help you do just that, providing a practical and comprehensive introduction to the subject. Drawing on the trainer’s global experience, it provides you with a full background of the financial aspects of both commercial and residential real estate, as well as land itself, in terms of how to calculate returns, how it is financed and how to analyse leases successfully, to invest and sell profitably.
You will gain a thorough understanding of the valuation process, as well as explore the principles behind financing a project. This will include a review of the different financial instruments, how they can be used and their impact on the overall performance of the real estate project.
During the course you will:
- Learn the key financial concepts and ratios needed to analyse investment and development proposals for real estate
- Successfully implement valuation, investment and development frameworks
- Develop the ability to analyse and interpret the components of financial models for real estate
- Appreciate how proptech affects real estate strategy for development and investment
- Identify how to calculate the cost of capital for real estate
- Know the differences between real estate, corporate and project finance techniques and applications
- Acquire the ability to value a range of different types of properties
- Appreciate how leases work and how they influence real estate valuation
- Be able to integrate financial analysis with the other aspects of real estate development and investment
- Understand taxes and fund structures for real estate internationally
- Analyse risks for real estate development and investment and apply them to spreadsheets and other real estate software
How You Will Learn
The day is split into three themed days: Real Estate: Change and Continuity; Funding Real Estate Development & Investment; Real Estate Funds and REITs
The course is packed with exercises and case studies, which include:
- The impact of solar energy on property values
- Using proptech for valuation
- Comparable analysis for accurate valuation
- Application of the Delphi Method to qualitative real estate forecasting
- How financial waterfalls work for real estate development
- Real estate investment and financing models
- Important aspects of the RICS Valuation Standards
- What are the MSCI real estate indices?
- Investment in high-yield real estate debt
- Prospects for the REITs market
Trust the experts
Dr Julian Roche was a partner in a real estate development company with US investments, before launching his own real estate consultancy specialising in global data provision. Later he worked in what became LIFFE, specialising in real estate, before spending five years as a senior consultant to a...