Who should attend
This seminar is designed for purchasing, materials, and supply chain executives and senior managers interested in learning strategies, concepts, and techniques necessary to contribute more fully to competitive performance at their firms. Strategic purchasing and supply chain management provides organizations with significant opportunities to leverage resources which may contribute to the effective identification/implementation of value-added initiatives.
About the course
For 65 years, Michigan State University’s Purchasing & Supply Chain Management Executive Seminar has been the world’s premier procurement and supply management executive education experience.
The seminar combines leading educators and industry professionals as they share their insights into the key strategies and practices that world-class organizations are using to achieve procurement and supply chain excellence and build sustainable competitive advantage. As research and experience continue to indicate, the value of purchasing and supply chain strategies to a firm’s bottom-line performance can be significant.
We hope you will include this exciting seminar in your professional development plan this year.
- To establish the critical components of integrated strategic procurement/sourcing and supply chain management and how these processes can contribute to the competitive success of your firm throughout the value chain
- To enhance your understanding and implementation of concepts, strategies and techniques required to increase personal and organizational effectiveness in a changing globally competitive environment
- To share ideas and best practices with colleagues from various industries and firms to accelerate improvement at your company
- To identify emerging critical directions for purchasing/sourcing and supply chain management
- To establish critical requirements to implement successfully appropriate procurement/sourcing and supply chain management strategies and practices
Critical/Emerging Issues & Strategy Application Workshops
This year, the seminar features two related and progressive workshops designed to take critical/emerging issues, identified by participants, and connect them with strategic opportunities that can be deployed at participant organizations. These workshops provide tangible, relevant actions for potential implementation following the seminar.
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.