Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This seminar is relevant to anyone likely to have responsibility for the delivery of events for their organisation but new to the concepts and practicalities of this facet of corporate communications
- Middle and senior managers tasked with the direct delivery of events or oversight of specialist sub-contractors
- Senior operational managers with responsibility for managing teams whose role includes event management
- Senior managers up to Board level with responsibility for the strategic use of events as part of the organisation’s PR and marketing strategy and their effective deployment
About the course
Well managed events provide business people with the most powerful of opportunities to influence their colleagues, clients and investors. Smooth well run events reflect well on any business building its reputation and standing. This Oxford training seminar provides a comprehensive grounding in all the basics of event management allowing attendees to effectively organise their own events or more closely manage contractors organising events for them.
You will learn:
- To schedule and plan an event
- About the range of events and the requirements for their successful delivery
- To identify the most appropriate venues and activities for their events
- To manage the media at their events with confidence
- To be able to troubleshoot event plans to identify potential problem areas before they emerge
- Events and the PR Transfer Process
- The Six Point PR Plan and its Application to Event Management
- Choosing the Event to fit the Objective
- Budget - Staff, Time, Materials Money
- Evaluating the Event Success
- Venue Considerations
- “Stage Management” of the Event
- Staying Safe - Risk Assessment and Events
- Addressing Risk areas at Events
- Generating News through an Event
- Working with VIPs
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.