Protecting Your Organization From Insider Threats
In today’s information-centric environment, protecting organizational data from deliberate or unintentional disclosure is paramount. While most organizations focus on protecting their critical assets and data from external threats, they may overlook the threats originating from inside their walls. Insiders have the potential to cause severe financial and reputational harm to an organization. This class, Protecting Your Organization from Insider Threats, will provide a foundational understanding of the insider threat and how an organization can protect itself from that threat. Discussions and activities will provide you with the tools and knowledge to design and implement an effective insider threat program tailored to your organization.
What You Will Learn
- The insider threat landscape
- Insider threat incident case studies and potential scenarios
- Insider threat countermeasures
- Technical, physical, and administrative controls
- Insider threat program design
- Insider threat risk and program effectiveness measurement
How You Will Benefit
- Gain the tools and knowledge to recognize, assess, design, and implement an effective insider threat program tailored to your organization.
- Learn how to protect your organization from an insider threat.
- Insider threat landscape
- Insider threat actors
- Case studies
INSIDER THREAT PROGRAMS
- Regulatory requirements
- Keys to success
- Common challenges
MEASURING INSIDER THREAT RISK
- Qualitative measurements
- Quantitative measurements
- Technical controls
- Physical and administrative controls
DESIGNING AN INSIDER THREAT PROGRAM
- Measuring program effectiveness
- Insider threat program roadmap
- Threat program frameworks
Who should attend
This course is designed for chief information security officers, information security professionals, risk officers, physical security professionals, human resources professionals, program managers, and others responsible for identifying and mitigating the insider threat for their organization.