Who should attend
- General managers
- Assistant general managers
- Senior operational leaders
- Senior hotel managers
- Aspiring senior leaders
About the course
In this course, you will explore critical aspects of facility maintenance including best practices for various types of maintenance, waste reduction strategies, methods for reducing environmental impact, and computerized maintenance systems that enhance efficiency. You will explore several tools critical to the effective financial and operational management of the facilities department. You will be prepared to make critical outsourcing decisions, to manage overlapping maintenance and housekeeping activities, and to use the best financial analysis tools to effectively manage the financial impact of the facilities department. By completing this course you will gain the skills necessary to effectively and efficiently manage your property building operations and extend the useful life (maximize the value) of the ownership group’s physical asset.
Participants who complete this course will be able to...
- Perform a thorough analysis of a property to identify potential issues with cleanliness and functionality
- Differentiate between types of maintenance activities and identify best practices for each
- Explore the environmental impacts of a building or property and determine ways to reduce that impact and enhance physical and economic sustainability
- Examine best practices in the leadership of property operations
Jan A. deRoos is the HVS Professor of Hotel Finance and Real Estate at the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business. He has devoted his career to teaching and research related to hospitality real estate, with a focus on the valuation, financing, development, and control of lodging, timeshare, and r...
Jeanne Varney is a lecturer at the Cornell School of Hotel Administration. She resides in the property development and management department, where she is responsible for the curriculum in Hospitality Facilities Management, Hospitality Asset Management, Sustainable Development, and Introduction t...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.