Who should attend
Students from all educational backgrounds welcome. You can register for this course without applying and enrolling in a program.
About the course
Risk management and resource planning are key elements in the successful completion of a project. The processes and activities necessary to manage risk, a detailed understanding of the increased importance of project procurement, and the core concepts, as well as tools and practices, to be employed for effective project human resource management will be studied in this two-day seminar. Using an applicable case study, the concepts learned in the classroom can be immediately applied to your real-life project.
Course at a glance
- Blended learning delivery: face-to-face, in-class instruction is organically combined with online modules for an enriched and more flexible learning experience.
- Class dynamics based on hands-on learning, with group activities and lively classroom discussions.
- Aimed at professionals in entry to mid-level management who are beginning to manage small or large projects as part of their current role.
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Define risks and list the characteristics of risks.
- Describe the project risk management process.
- Understand the make vs. buy decision.
- Define project procurement and list the types of items, resources, and service which may be procured in a project.
- Define project human resource management and describe its purpose.
- Identify the required components included within a project human resource plan.
- Describe the methods through which projects acquire human resources.
- Blended courses combine in-class and online activities; be sure to refer to your course schedule to learn more about when the class meets in person and when you’ll be completing work online.
- This is a graded course; assessment includes post-course work to be completed via eClass.
- The online components of this course are accessible through eClass, the University of Alberta’s eLearning management tool.
Work: Executive Director and CEO @ Edmonton North Primary Care Network Instructor @ University of Alberta General Manager and Chief Operating Officer @ Sherwood Park PCN Education: PhD @ University of Alberta About: Mr. Ludwick is an accomplished senior executive with 20 years of experience wit...
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.