Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Indian Institute of Management Calcutta.Full disclaimer.
The demand for conceptualization, development and implementation of projects and the use of project management principles and concepts are ever increasing in our societies and organizations. Through project organization, one could achieve more easily some of the goals, which would otherwise be difficult if organized in traditional ways. Businesses use project management to accomplish unique outcomes with limited resources under critical time constraints. The use of project management in the service sector to achieve organizations’ goals is even more common in recent years. The programme aims at exposing the participants to the concepts of project management emphasizing the life cycle of projects beginning with the conceptualization, definition, design, development, implementation and control of projects.
This four-and-a-half-day programme aims to help participants develop skills to plan, execute, monitor and control during various phases of a project and to apply different project management techniques for the optimal utilization of resources.
The programme intends to address, but may not be limited to, the following topics:
- Overview of Project Management
- Project Planning and Budgeting
- Project Financing
- Project Selection
- Interpersonal Effectiveness in Managing Projects
- Basic Project Scheduling Computations
- Resource Leveling and Allocation in Projects
- Crashing of Project: Time vs. Cost Trade-Off
- Probabilistic Aspects of Projects
- Project Control – Earned Value Method
- Project Risk Management
- Project Management Information Systems
- Concurrent Engineering
- Critical Chain Project Management
- Legal Aspects of Contracts & Arbitration
- Public-Private Partnerships for Projects
- Project Management Software Tools
Participants will be provided with selected reading materials.
Who should attend
The target participants for this programme are corporate executives involved in the implementation of projects, major replacement and re-conditioning jobs and large time-bound projects. This programme will be beneficial, especially, for those involved in the planning and monitoring of projects on behalf of conglomerates, government, financial institutions and banks, EPC contractors, partners and coordinating agencies involved in project implementation.