Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Weatherhead School of Management.Full disclaimer.
About the course
The boss has just informed you that the organization has reached an important decision calling for action. It’s your job to make it happen. You are handed the assignment with the parting words, “This project is pretty simple. We expect results fast.” What are your next steps?
Projects cannot succeed without a plan. This seminar will guide you through a systematic, step-by-step process for launching any new project, putting you in control of the project for greater results. It will teach you how to manage variables such as time, risk, budget, and stakeholders and how to avoid common pitfalls that can easily derail the process. Through interactive group exercises using real-world examples, discussion, lecture and feedback, participants will apply the methodology to improve their success rate for any planning project.
- What is a planning project?
- Why some projects succeed and others fail
Beginning a planning project
- Setting clear objectives, scope and deliverables
- Managing expectations
- Developing the plan
- Avoiding pitfalls
Managing the planning project
- Forming and managing the team
- Setting and keeping the schedule
- Managing the budget
- Managing risk
- Developing effective communication plans
- Project review meetings with the client
- Completing the project
Final presentation planning
Transitioning to implementation
- Creating a successful hand-off
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Understand the different phases of a project
- Learn to develop concise, workable project plans
- Learn how to manage expectations
- Understand the importance of appropriate project scope and objectives
- Learn how to assess project risk
- Learn to develop a project budget
Who should attend
Professionals in all functional areas with project management responsibilities. Participants who are interested in furthering their learning from this course should consider attending Project Execution: Organizing Team and Time Resources.
Trust the experts
Al Morrison is a senior strategy consultant for Vantage Point Performance, a management consulting firm. His career includes more than 30 years of consulting experience with A. T. Kearney and 15 years of industrial experience. For several years he headed A.T Kearney’s worldwide professional devel...