Who should attend
Students from all educational backgrounds welcome. You can register for this course without applying and enrolling in a program.
About the course
This seminar has been designed to give new and experienced project managers and project team members the essential tools they need to deliver successful projects. You will acquire the skills, tools and practices necessary, through the use of a real-life case study, for successful project communication, measuring project progress, project close out and transition to operations.
Course at a glance
- Blended learning delivery: face-to-face, in-class instruction is organically combined with online modules for an enriched and more flexible learning experience.
- Class dynamics based on hands-on learning, with group activities and lively classroom discussions.
- Aimed at professionals in entry to mid-level management who are beginning to manage small or large projects as part of their current role.
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- List various project stakeholders and their roles.
- Prepare a project communications plan.
- Describe how project managers can use power and motivation for project success.
- Measure and report project progress.
- Summarize the importance of the project close process.
- Describe the difference between projects and operations and the importance of transition to operations.
- Blended courses combine in-class and online activities; be sure to refer to your course schedule to learn more about when the class meets in person and when you’ll be completing work online.
- This is a graded course; assessment includes post-course work to be completed via eClass.
- The online components of this course are accessible through eClass, the University of Alberta’s eLearning management tool.
Work: Executive Director and CEO @ Edmonton North Primary Care Network Instructor @ University of Alberta General Manager and Chief Operating Officer @ Sherwood Park PCN Education: PhD @ University of Alberta About: Mr. Ludwick is an accomplished senior executive with 20 years of experience wit...
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.