Who should attend
Executive assistants, office administrators, administrative assistants, coordinators, and other administrative staff.
About the course
Lead Your Projects and Large Tasks to Success
Feeling overwhelmed by tasks and deadlines? Designed for executive assistants and other administrative professionals, this course shows how to use project management techniques to change the way you approach projects and large tasks. Learn how to plan, prioritize and manage projects and deadlines in fast-paced work environments, with less stress and better results
Benefits for you
- Make sound decisions about how and where to direct your time and energy
- Take better control by differentiating project tasks from daily ongoing tasks
- Build skills in planning, prioritizing, monitoring, controlling and evaluating projects and timelines
- Apply project management processes for supporting multiple people and projects in a team setting
- Overcome common project challenges and avoid getting overwhelmed
- Manage project workloads more efficiently, and lead projects for maximum results
Online program format
Each day of the program includes facilitator-led online sessions in real time, with ample breaks provided. The sessions are highly interactive, enabling you to network with peers, brainstorm ideas, engage in skill-building activities, and receive constructive feedback. You will also have access to self-directed resources (readings, videos, self-assessments etc.) that you can review at any time.
- Project management terminology
- How to develop a project kick-off document that captures goals, deliverables and completion criteria
- Identifying and communicating with project stakeholders
- Using a work breakdown structure to better plan project tasks and check points
- How to generate a realistic project schedule
- Data sources and tools for tracking and controlling projects
- Responding proactively to project risks and changes
- Improving your team leadership skills in a project environment
- Practical solutions to common project challenges
- How to properly close out project activities
You will work on a variety of project scenarios, applying what you are learning to real-world situations. You will leave with a reference guide and templates to support ongoing learning back at work.
Tracy is an Adjunct Professor at the Sauder School of Business and certified project management professional. She works locally and internationally to help her clients deliver successfully on complex, strategic projects. Her workshops help team members improve their skills to be more effective te...
Videos and materials
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.