Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Project managers, programme managers, and project team leaders who have several years of experience initiating, planning and managing projects, and project team members who are interested in enhancing their career by preparing to become a certified PMP.
About the course
Delays, cost overruns, or quality problems can wreck your project. Learn how to keep it on track with this 5-day intensive project management programme. You know you are competent in project management, however, you are often challenged by the need to apply project management disciplines in more depth and in a more controlled, monitored and evaluated context. You know you need to become proficient in how you identify, quantify, plan for and manage project risks and requirements, and in how you monitor, control and report on the team’s progress against the project charter. In fact, you need to take up the management role more formally within project teams and with stakeholders to ensure you deliver to schedule, scope, cost and quality.
Aligned with PMI’s PMBOK®, this programme helps you master the entire project management process. You’ll earn 35 professional development units (PDUs) pre-approved by PMI, and you’ll gain skills and in-depth knowledge that prepare you for the next level: the Project Management Professional certification.
How will you benefit?
- Learn all aspects of project management from the perspective of the PMBOK Guide
- Acquire necessary prerequisite knowledge to enter a PMP Exam Prep training programme
- Achieve competence in the 10 project management knowledge areas and 5 process groups
- Master the 47 competencies outlined in the PMBOK Guide
- Learn the techniques of documenting project risks, assumptions and constraints
After taking this programme, you will be able to:
- Identify and perform stakeholder analysis
- Develop a WBS and create a project charter
- Determine the critical path of a project
- Staff your project for optimum results
- Gain more skills in executing, monitoring and controlling the tasks defined in your project plan
- Network and learn from a diverse group of peers from different functions, industries and countries
- Develop a personal action plan to implement back at work
- Learn and practice using real-world examples over 5 interactive days
This 5 day programme is highly interactive with exercises and role plays. Programme Highlights:
DAY 1 Examining the Project Management Framework
- Exploring characteristics of projects
- Reviewing project management terminology
- Considering environmental influences
Reviewing the Project Management Body of Knowledge
- Describing the project management process groups
- The project management knowledge areas
- Project management competency standards
Initiating the Project
- Using project selection methods
- Defining project scope
- Documenting project risks, assumptions and constraints
- Identifying and performing stakeholder analysis
- Evaluating the project charter
DAY 2 Planning the Project
- Defining and recording requirements, constraints and assumptions
- Identifying project team members and defining roles and responsibilities
- Creating the work breakdown structure (WBS)
- Developing the change management plan
- Identifying risks and defining risk strategies
- Obtaining plan approval
- Conducting the kickoff meeting
DAY 3 Executing the Project Plan
- Executing the tasks defined in the project plan
- Ensuring a common understanding and setting expectations
- Implementing a quality management plan
- Executing approved changes, actions and workarounds
- Improving team performance
DAY 4 Monitoring and Controlling the Project
- Measuring project performance
- Verifying and managing changes to the project
- Ensuring that project deliverables conform to quality standards
- Monitoring all project risks
DAY 5 Closing the Project
- Obtaining final acceptance for the project
- Getting financial, legal and administrative closure
- Releasing project resources
- Creating and distributing a final project report
- Archiving and retaining project records
- Measuring customer satisfaction
Prior to joining “Harlan” (2004-2010) and for 22 years, Damien held senior management positions as Manager Financial Controls, CFO, Deputy General Manager and General Manager in companies across several industries (construction, telecommunications, energy, life sciences). These companies were mai...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.