Project Management Essentials
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Sauder School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Delivering Successful Projects
This course looks at the total project management process: from planning and organizing to implementing and closing, with special emphasis on project planning. It will detail the stages and processes of managing scope, quality, time, cost, risk and stakeholders at every stage of the process. It will also emphasize the human factors that play an important role in every project.
This course is aligned with the Project Management Institute's (PMI®) standards.
What you will learn
- Become familiar with The Project Management Institute’s Project Management Framework, Processes and Knowledge Areas
- Recognize how projects evolve and how to manage changes along the way
- Plan and execute projects by establishing positive procedures that encompass the full life cycle of a project
- Set realistic budgets and schedules
- Organize and lead an effective project team
- Employ good communication to reduce potential conflicts and ensure smooth project flow
- Ensure stakeholder satisfaction throughout the project life cycle
- Enable delivery of the business benefits
- Roles and relationships of the project manager, sponsor, steering committees and stakeholders
- Project phases and life cycles
- Project management processes: initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, closing
- Project management knowledge areas: managing integration, scope, time, costs, quality, human resources, communications, stakeholders, risk and procurement
- Using collaborative processes to plan and execute projects
- Building the team: key project roles and relationships, organizational planning
- Managing the project team: leading, motivating and influencing, communicating and negotiating, managing conflicts, synergistic problem solving
- Project management tips and opportunities for improvement
This workshop employs an action-learning format that will enable you to apply basic project management processes, tools and techniques immediately back at work.
Who should attend
This workshop is intended for new project managers and those who are involved in projects of any size and type. It is also for experienced project managers who want a refresher on key project management concepts, tools and techniques.