Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This workshop is intended for new project managers and those who are involved in projects of any size and type. It is also for experienced project managers who want a refresher on key project management concepts, tools and techniques.
About the course
Delivering Successful Projects
This program looks at the total project management process: from planning and organizing to implementing and closing, with special emphasis on project planning. It will detail the stages and processes of managing scope, quality, time, cost, risk, communications and stakeholders at every stage of the process. It will also emphasize the human factors that play an important role in every project.
The program is aligned with the Project Management Institute's (PMI®) standards and you will receive PMI® Professional Development Units (PDUs).
Online program format
Each day of the program includes facilitator-led online sessions in real time, with ample breaks provided. Sessions are highly interactive, enabling you to network with peers, brainstorm ideas, engage in skill-building activities, and receive constructive feedback. You will also have access to self-directed resources (readings, videos, self-assessments etc.) that you can review at any time.
Benefits for you
- Become familiar with The Project Management Institute’s Project Management Framework, Processes and Knowledge Areas
- Recognize how projects evolve and how to manage changes along the way
- Plan and execute projects by establishing positive procedures that encompass the full life cycle of a project
- Set realistic budgets and schedules
- Organize and lead an effective project team
- Employ good communication to reduce potential conflicts and ensure smooth project flow
- Engage stakeholders, and enable delivery of the business benefits
- Roles and relationships of the project manager, project sponsor, sustainment sponsor, steering committees and stakeholders
- Key project management approaches, project phases and life cycles
- Project management processes: initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, closing
- Project management knowledge areas: managing integration, scope, schedule, costs, quality, resources, communications, stakeholders, risk and procurement
- Using collaborative processes to plan and execute projects
- Building the team: key project roles and relationships, organizational planning
- Managing the project team: leading, motivating and influencing, communicating and negotiating, managing conflicts, synergistic problem solving
- Project management tips and opportunities for improvement
This workshop employs an action-learning format that will enable you to apply basic project management processes, tools and techniques immediately back at work.
As part of the workshop, you will receive PMI® Professional Development Units (PDUs).
Denise is the founder and Managing Partner of Collaborators In Knowledge Inc. She brings more than 40 years of practical experience in managing, auditing and rescuing multi-million dollar projects. She has also trained thousands of students from the private and public sectors in the best practice...
Videos and materials
Read more about Negotiations
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.