Who should attend
Students from all educational backgrounds welcome. You can register for this course without applying and enrolling in a program.
About the course
Project management has become a critical skill in every work place. Managers need to know the tools, techniques and have the knowledge to handle projects and deliver successful outcomes. Learn the basics to help you plan, execute, and control project management activities. This is an introductory project management course. We will explore successful projects and why projects that seemingly follow all the necessary rigor and methodology fail. In the end, students will leave with an enhanced ability to plan, execute and control their project management activities.
Course at a glance
- Class dynamics based on hands-on learning, with group activities and lively classroom discussions.
- Aimed at professionals in entry to mid-level management who are beginning to manage small or large projects as part of their current role.
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of project management, including key definitions, principles, processes, required skills, and knowledge areas.
- Identify key success factors and challenges facing effective project management.
- Create a project scope statement.
- Create a project work breakdown structure.
- Establish a project change control system.
- Utilize project estimating knowledge to create a project schedule and budget.
- This is a graded course; assessment includes post-course work to be completed via eClass.
- The online components of this course are accessible through eClass, the University of Alberta’s eLearning management tool.
Work: Executive Director and CEO @ Edmonton North Primary Care Network Instructor @ University of Alberta General Manager and Chief Operating Officer @ Sherwood Park PCN Education: PhD @ University of Alberta About: Mr. Ludwick is an accomplished senior executive with 20 years of experience wit...
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.