Who should attend
The Project Management certificate course is for professionals of all levels who wish to increase their project management acumen and become more sophisticated in their approach to leading project teams and solving the problems they encounter.
About the course
Our newly updated Project Management course now includes creative problem-solving to provide greater value in project deliverables, increase stakeholder engagement and satisfaction, and be more efficient responding to the challenges that projects bring. You will participate in useful exercises to explore project components, practice with research-based tools, and apply what you’ve learned to real-world challenges.
Through this program, you will develop the mindset, skills and tools of project management and creative problem-solving (CPS) and be able to:
- Identify and apply the FourSight Thinking Profile to strengthen team synergy
- Shift to a project-orientated mindset to produce short-term, mid-term and long-term strategic and project goals
- Understand the differences between predictive, agile and hybrid approaches to project management
- Understand the steps of the CPS process
- Create and sustain a participatory environment that increases engagement among external entities, internal departments, team members and stakeholders
- Generate requirements and criteria for evaluating project success
- Create a work breakdown structure with specifications
- Design a project schedule with activities, durations and interdependencies
- Delineate, assign and track project resources and associated costs
- Identify the real problems inhibiting project success
- Apply processes to better assess risk, estimate cost and schedule requirements
- Understand different contract types and their impact on a project
- Identify, capture and analyze metrics used in controlling a project
- Understand the leadership competencies of successful project managers, including the ability to build successful teams and deal with issues that affect performance
- Apply project management tools to avoid some of the most common problems that plague today’s project manager
- FourSight Thinking Profile – the leading assessment helping individuals and teams understand how they approach problems and innovation
- The creative problem-solving process
- Divergent and convergent thinking, as well as combining ideas across areas of knowledge
- Ten problem-solving tools
- Project templates and charters
- Management of project integration, scope, schedules, cost, resources, risk, quality, communications, procurement and stakeholders
- Final project management review
- Disciplined agile
This program consists of 12 three-hour interactive Zoom sessions. In teams, you will develop a comprehensive project plan and apply principles of creative problem-solving to project needs. Content will be delivered through short cases, articles and online resources.
Lawrence is an industry leader in integrating creativity and creative problem-solving into project management. President and owner of International Deliverables, a New York State-certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise, she provides training and consultation to organizations seeking to develop ...
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.