About the course
Learn about the world of Project Finance with this introductory course
Project Finance Primer introduces the learner to the world of Project Finance and provides an understanding of the who, why and how of project finance transactions. This course is designed for those seeking a quick overview of Project Finance.
It answers 10 key questions:
- What is Project Finance and how does it differ from other types of finance?
- What are the key risks that projects are exposed to?
- How are “Project Risks” mitigated?
- What are the different sources of Project Finance?
- What types of due diligence is required by Lenders?
- How do Lenders determine how much to lend to a project?
- Why and how do Lenders assess the key participants in a project financing?
- What are the various “Life Stages” of a project?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of using Project Finance?
- What are the main terms in a credit agreement?
This course is available “on-demand” and is self-paced allowing participants up to 12 months to complete the course requirements. It uses a building block approach and includes detailed cell by cell instructions in both printed and video format. It takes about 3 hours to complete. This course is ideal for anyone interested or just beginning their journey into the world of Project Finance.
Atul has worked as a senior project financier with Australian, Japanese and French banks for over 15 years. He has core expertise in structuring debt and equity for infrastructure projects (toll roads, airports, rail, pipelines), public private partnerships (schools, convention centres, hospitals...
Videos and materials
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.