About the course
Our two best selling Project Finance eLearning courses in one
For anyone entering or consolidating a project finance career, this course comprehensively covers both project finance theory and modelling skills and provides a substantial knowledge and skill base that will take 3-5 years off the learning curve in a matter of weeks.
This certification requires the completion of two on-line courses:
- Project Finance eLearning (40 hours)
- Mastering Project Finance Models eLearning (40 hours)
In the Project Finance section, delegates will learn about:
- Identifying and mitigating key risks
- Structuring the various elements of a finance package including identifying sources of finance, debt sizing, debt structuring, covenants, lender security, inter-creditor arrangements, key metrics such as DSCR, LLCR, PLCR, IRR etc.
- Negotiating key terms in a revenue agreement such as an Off-take Contract or other “Availability” type contracts.
- Negotiating key terms in an EPC, O&M and Input Supply Contract
- Negotiating key terms in a credit agreement
- Risk characteristics of the major project finance sectors
In the Mastering Project Finance Models section, delegates will build a project finance model with:
- monthly construction drawdowns
- two tranches of construction debt
- flexibility to choose one of three drawdown options i.e. equity first, pro-rata debt and equity drawdown, equity on completion
- two tranches of term debt with the flexibility to model interest only periods, quarterly inputs for base rate, margins, hedging percentage and swap rates. You will also be able to model quarterly, semi-annual or annual repayment profiles
- debt service reserve with the flexibility to model a 3, 6, 9 or 12 month reserve
- revenues and operating costs with indexation
- a major maintenance reserve with progressive build up of funds and flexibility to change the period over which it is built up
- a detailed depreciation schedule with the flexibility to use straight line depreciation, accelerated depreciation, no depreciation or immediate write-offs.
- Project cashflow analysis with all the key metrics e.g. DSCR, LLCR, PLCR, IRR, Payback periods, distribution lock-up
- Financial statements (both quarterly and annual)
In addition, they will learn about modelling best practice, Excel tips and tricks, and how to carry out sensitivity analysis, scenario analysis and break-even analysis.
The course is available on-demand and is self-paced. Participants have 12 months to complete both courses and qualify for the certification. Unlimited instructor support is provided via e-mail/phone.
Project Finance (40 hours)
Module 1: Introduction to Project Finance
Module 2: Project Risks
Module 3: Financing Projects
Module 4: Revenue Agreements
Module 5: EPC, O&M and Input Supply Agreements
Module 6: Finance Documents
Module 7: Project Finance Sectors
Mastering Project Finance Models (40 hours)
- Module 1: Introduction to the Course
- Module 2: Modelling Best Practice
- Module 3: Model Assumptions
- Module 4: Model Building Steps and Excel Essentials
- Module 5: Construction Costs
- Module 6: Construction Funding
- Module 7: Term Debt
- Module 8: Revenues
- Module 9: Operating Costs
- Module 10: Major Maintenance
- Module 11: Depreciation
- Module 12: Working Capital
- Module 13: Tax
- Module 14: Project Cashflows
- Module 15: Financial Statements
- Module 16: Using the Model
Trust the experts
Atul has worked as a senior project financier with Australian, Japanese and French banks for over 15 years. He has core expertise in structuring debt and equity for infrastructure projects (toll roads, airports, rail, pipelines), public private partnerships (schools, convention centres, hospitals...