About the course
This course has been designed to address a need articulated for a training course with much greater “granularity” of content and depth of analysis with regard to the key project and financing documents.
The need we have identified is for a workshop which goes well beyond the basic features of these agreements, so as to equip project finance team members with a deeper knowledge of:
- These documents’ core structure and key variants
- The issues which are likely to be most contentious in the discussions between sponsors, lenders and others
This Project Finance Documentation course is a valuable element in the training and development of project debt financiers sponsorside negotiators and financial advisers from investment banks, accounting firms and commercial bank advisory teams. Undoubtedly, a lender’s appetite for risk acceptance and the provision of high levels of debt will be a key factor in the success of a project financing. Borrowers and financial advisers have a keen interest in understanding what makes a particular agreement “bankable” and capable of supporting high earning. Legal firms may also wish to consider the course as means of sensitising staff to the particular issues of project financing documentation.
*AFTER THREE INTENSIVE DAYS YOU WILL BE ABLE TO: *
- Understand the various risks throughout a project’s development and operation, and identify how they are addressed in the various operational and financial contracts
- Reference the relevant clauses in the contractual documents, and explain the interface between the actual conduct of the project and the contractual arrangements and obligations
- Address the potential consequences of failing to implement project documentation in a prudent way
How You Will Learn
Richard incorporates both his years of experience and numerous topical case studies
They include: Addressing the Risks, Protecting the IRR; Dealing with Defaults; Designing the Security Structure
Richard obtained a law degree from Cambridge University and was called to the English Bar in 1976. Shortly thereafter he entered banking joining Chase Manhattan Bank where, for most of the 5 years service, he was a corporate relationship manager in London and New York. For the following 6 years ...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.