Project and Construction Management
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Texas LBJ School.Full disclaimer.
Today's market has a myriad of construction projects; a large number being in the public sector – schools, housing projects, arenas, dams, gas pipelines, and countless others. Project management is an important component of a construction project and the key to the successful completion of the project. Project management is there from the inception of the project and remains an active presence through the planning/design, acquisition, and execution of all deliverables.
Project management is responsible for monitoring costs/expenditures and ensuring that deadlines/milestones are met; in other words, controlling the entire scope of the project, never losing sight of the goal. The construction project manager and contracts administrator need to be onboard early in the acquisition process to ensure appropriate and targeted controls are in place and deliverables with corresponding deadlines are included in the project contract. Due to the nature and size of most construction/renovation projects, construction project managers and contract administrators must work hand-in-glove to ensure the completion of the project – on time and within budget.
This course will examine the:
- Phases of the construction project planning process;
- Tools employed for the project - from pre-solicitation through the executed contract;
- Reporting methods; and,
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities required of the individual(s) overseeing the construction project.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Initiate proper and effective contract management;
- Identify key legal and construction definitions;
- Develop an effective contract administration process;
- Create a RAM (Responsibility Assignment Management) plan;
- Monitor key contract obligations and performance measures; and,
- Implement best practices to ensure that a project is completed on time and on budget.
Who should attend
This program is targeted towards buyers, contract administrators, project managers, program managers, and executive directors.