Who should attend
This is an intensive hands-on 6 days course, and participants will expect to do prior readings, class preparation and engage actively in class discussions and projects. Participants will follow the curriculum offered for the same module in the Master of Technology in Digital Leadership program.
The target audience for this course include:
Digital Leaders, Chief Digital Officer, Digital Strategist or equivalent who are leading digital transformation or part of the team for strategising and overseeing architecture development in the implementation of digital transformation for their organisation
- Given the strategic orientation of the module, participants should typically have at least 10 years of professional experience.
- Participants should have some prior knowledge on digital business and how digital transformation enhances business competitiveness
- Applicants may be required to furnish supporting document for consideration to join the course
About the course
Today, every business is a digital business. As more and more businesses start to embrace digital as core to their success, digital transformation is changing the way how customers are serviced with new operational business models in some cases, creating entirely new ways of conducting businesses enabled by digital technologies. Modernizing, rapidly iterating, and scaling existing organisation’s architecture holds the key to digital transformation success. Unfortunately, most current organisation’s architecture imposes significant challenges to rapid iteration and efficient scaling.
This course enables participants to acquire digital skill set to evolve existing organisation’s architecture in the context of digital transformation and to strategise digital architecture to support changing customer needs, new business models and emergent technologies. Students will learn how to synthesise digital architecture that is flexible, scalable and adaptive to changes that enable business to be disruptive and innovative through proper architecture design thinking.
Upon completion of the course, participants will acquire skills to be able:
- Engage senior stakeholders to demonstrate how digital architecture enables organised digital transformation and in making the right decisions in the selection and deployment of key technologies to support the digital transformation journey.
- Consider the impact of both current and new emerging technology, their digital architecture and guide the selection of the right technology to evolve continuously the digital architecture.
- Guide the architecture strategy to evolve existing organisation’s architecture to support and enable digital transformation and digital business strategy
- Synthesise major technological trends and emerging technologies to enhance or develop new digital architecture catering for new digital business models
- Evaluate various platforms based digital platforms and apply the phases of platform design to support the organisation’s digital transformation
- Evaluate and influence the implementation of the technologies and design for the digital platform to support the platform strategy
- Guide the development of an adaptive digital architecture that is constantly being adjusted to meet the changing digital environment, competitive landscape, customer requirements and emerging technology trends in process of digital transformation
- Lead the management of digital architecture that is compliant and consistent with corporate strategies and enterprises governance practices
What Will Be Covered
This course will cover:
- Digital Architecture
- The Role of Architecture in Digital Transformation
- Digital Architecture that caters to Emergent Technologies to support New Business Models
- Architecting Platforms
- Design and Maintenance of an Adaptive Digital Architecture
- Roles of Leaders in Managing Digital Architecture
- Spotlight Implementation on Digital Architecture that leads to the building of a next generation Digital Enterprise
Richard lectures in project management competency development and training courses; the Certified Outsourcing Manager (Associate) for IT Programme; the Certified Enterprise Architecture Practitioner Programme; and the Master of Technology Programme that include IT Service Management and Data Ware...
Tan Eng Tsze is a practising enterprise architect consultant and lecturer at ISS. He conducts Enterprise Architecture certification short courses and for a Masters degree programme at NUS. He also provides enterprise architecture consulting for public and private sector companies. He has provided...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.