Who should attend
This Professional Certificate course is useful for senior to top management leaders, business leaders, digital strategists or equivalent, who are leading or are part of an executive team that is managing complex digitalisation initiatives. The course will enable participants to gain an independent certification that verifies their knowledge and competency as a leader with capability in managing complex digitalisation initiatives.
- Given the orientation of the module towards managing complex initiatives, participants should typically have at least 10 years of professional experience.
- Participants should have some prior knowledge of digital transformation as well as digital product and project management.
- Applicants may be required to furnish supporting document for consideration to join the course
- Participants are expected to do prior readings, class preparation and engage actively in class discussions and projects.
About the course
As organisations embark on digital transformation, it is unavoidable that the digital leaders will have to deal with complexity. This is due to the highly VUCA (i.e. Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous) environment that businesses operate in today – e.g. where uncertainties and dynamic changes in the complex business environment can impact businesses, technologies and supply chains, and where future trends cannot be easily predicted due to the many ambiguous factors in play.
There is a need for digital leaders to be able to manage complexity in many scenarios – for example, crisis management, complex project management and complex enterprise scaling of agile product management.
While specific scenarios of complexity are important, it should be noted that complexity does not respect boundaries. An example could be that a complex project management issue may actually turn out to be an organisation-wide systemic issue that cannot just be resolved within the project context itself.
Hence, it is critical that a digital leader needs to be able to manage complexity holistically as well as in specific scenarios.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Analyse the VUCA environment (i.e. Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity, Ambiguity) in digital transformation/disruption and the “complexity” that arises
- Apply appropriate frameworks and techniques to differentiate between different “complex” digitalisation situations (example complicated, truly complex, chaotic and disorder scenarios) and apply the relevant holistic and complex systems thinking approaches/methods to manage and thrive in those situations
- Analyse complexity challenges and apply relevant approaches/methods to concurrently achieve growth and digital transformation while having process and operational excellence for digital services in operation
- Lead complex digital projects in a VUCA world
- Applying agile product and ecosystem platform scaling to disrupt existing pipelines
- Leading in managing global, networked organisations with mobile workforce (internal, external, human and machine) and gigs
What Will Be Covered
This course will cover:
- Managing Digitalisation Complexity from a Holistic and Systems-Thinking Perspective
- Managing Complicated, Complex, Chaotic and Disorder Scenarios
- Managing Complexity through Digitalisation
- Managing Crisis Successfully
- Sharpening Complex Project Management Skills for VUCA
- Scaling Agile Product Management for the Enterprise
- Managing Complexity in Global Digital Workforce & Mobility
- Organising in the New Network Environment
Boon Nam has over 25 years of management experience in IT, holding management portfolios in IT planning, architecture, governance, quality and process improvement, application development, operations, human resource development, financial management and outsourcing. He has also developed and impl...
Tzann’s experience spans business and technology strategy, management and operation areas. He currently teaches business, technology and digital product strategy and management, and is the course manager for Digital Product Strategy stackable course. His past advisory engagements included busines...
Read more about Information Technology
Read more about Project management
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.