Who should attend
This Professional Certificate course is useful for senior to top management leaders, business leaders, digital strategists or equivalent, who are leading or part of an executive team for strategizing and overseeing the implementation of digital transformation for their organisation. The course will enable participants to gain an independent certification that verifies their knowledge and competency as a digital transformation leader.
This is an intensive hands-on 6 days course, and participants will expect to do prior readings, class preparation and engage actively in class discussions and projects. Participants will follow the curriculum offered for the same module in the Master of Technology in Digital Leadership program.
- Given the strategic orientation of the module, participants should typically have at least 10 years of professional experience.
- Participants should have some prior knowledge on digital business and how innovation enhances business competitiveness
- Applicants may be required to furnish supporting document for consideration to join the course
About the course
We are in an era of rapid change brought about by the Industry 4.0. Digital is transforming industries and people’s life at an unprecedented pace. Every business will eventually become a digital business. A business goes through transformation to become digital, where a digital transformation is the journey of leveraging digital assets and capabilities to fundamentally rethink and radically redesign an existing business to become a digital business.
Innovation and design identified as key differentiators for companies to support organisations and businesses in their transformation in the digital age. Hence, it is critical for digital leaders to understand design approaches and skillsets, so that they can lead their organisations in leveraging design as a tool for transformation. This course aims to provide digital leaders with understanding and application of design techniques, tools and best practices to enable leaders to remove barriers and create facilitators for innovation in their organisations.
This course will provide a perspective on Innovation and Design for digital leaders, which is a key component of organisational digital transformation and change.
Participants will be awarded with NUS-ISS Professional Certificate in Innovation By Design at the end of the course and attain a minimum overall score of 50% to pass the module.
It is also part of the Professional Certificate Programme in Digital Leadership. This course is eligible to stack to the Master of Technology in Digital Leadership degree.For consideration into the Master degree, an average score of 60% across all relevant Professional Certificate courses is required.
- Drive innovation strategies as a leader
- Experience customer-centric innovation approach in problem solving (through user research, ideation and prototyping) and provide leadership support in the process.
- Evaluate and measure innovation
- Lead and influence in the implementation and facilitation of innovation
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in ecosystem
- Initiate, manage and sustain innovation
What Will Be Covered
- Module 1 : Innovation Leadership
- Module 2 : Innovation Approach
- Module 3 : Ideation and Prototyping
- Module 4 : Implementation and Measurement
- Module 5 : Innovation Ecosystem
- Module 6 : Managing and Sustaining Innovations
Ms Lim Wee Khee leads the Digital Innovation and Design practice at the Institute of System Science, National University of Singapore (NUS-ISS). The Digital Innovation & Design team focuses on developing and delivering curriculum and consultancy projects related to the areas of user experie...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.