Comprehensive course analysis
About the course
The trend in the financial industry is clear: Technology powered financial services is the way of the future, and it is critical that finance professionals have the technology acumen to ensure your firm is not left behind. It is becoming increasingly important for organizations to understand not only the application of expansive technological advancements like AI and machine learning in the area of finance, but also technologies that are integral to the future of financial services like distributed ledgers and algorithmic trading.
The Financial Technology Professional Certificate program provides an overview of the most recent technological advances that are radically changing the financial services industry, and all other industries that rely on automated financial transactions, as a result.
These technological breakthroughs offer new ways for people and organizations to save, invest, borrow, and transact. Learn how new technologies create value in the financial industry, from reducing unit cost, increasing transparency, increasing competition, creating network effects, leveraging economies of scales, and lowering asymmetric information. The program also explores the competitive landscape and the market opportunities and threats for incumbents and new entrants.
UTAustinX's Fintech: The Future of Finance Professional Certificate
Courses in this program
Fintech: Overview of the Fintech Sector
Course one provides an overview of the Fintech sector Week 1 : Module 1 - Introduction to the Fintech Sector * The Financial Sector Today * Value Creation in Finance * Emerging Technologies in Finance * How do Financial Institutions Create Value
Week 2: Module 2 & 3 – Financial Regulation and the World of Fintech * The Regulatory Environment in the U.S. * Regulating Fintech Companies * Fintech Companies of the Day * Business Case on Fintech
Fintech: Blockchain for Business and Finance
Course two focuses on distributed ledgers, blockchains, and cryptocurrencies Week 1: Cryptography * Hashing * Encryption and Decryption
Week 2: Blockchain Technology * Intro to Blockchain * Blockchain Mechanics
Week 3: Blockchain Applications * Cryptocurrencies * Wallets and Crypto-exchanges * Enterprise Blockchain applications
Week 4: Financing Blockchain Ventures * COs * Regulating Blockchain Technology
Fintech: AI & Machine Learning in the Financial Industry
Course three analyzes the application of artificial intelligence and machine learning to the finance industry, from credit scoring models in marketplace lending and crowdfunding, to algorithmic trading and robo-advising
Week 1: P2P Crowdfunding * Equity Crowdfunding * Marketplace Lending
Week 2: Overview of Artificial Intelligence * Measuring Accuracy * Overfitting * Linear Machine Learning Models
Week 3: * Non-linear Machine Learning Models * Deep learning * Credit Modeling
Week 4: * Robo-advising * Social Investing * Quantitative Investing
Fintech: IoT and APIs in the Financial Industry
Course four concentrates on the internet of things, with a focus on insurance and electronic payments, including domestic mobile payments, open banking, and international remittances.
Week 1: IoT and Finance * Internet of Things * APIs and Finance * Open Banking * Insurtech
Week 2: Payments * Mobile Payments * Payment Processing * Payment Encryption * Financial system communication * Cross-border payments
Week 3: The future of Fintech
- Develop into an expert in the intersection of financial and technology
- Discover how financial institutions create value and build competitive advantage using technology
- Understand what machine learning is, and how it is used in finance
- Uncover what blockchain technology is, and how distributed ledgers will change financial markets
- Realize the exciting world of APIs in finance – the latest hot area of fintech
- Job Outlook
- The employment trend in finance is unquestionable. We will need more and more tech-savvy finance experts, and fewer routine-task labor.
- With the introduction of Banking as a Service (BaaS), most industries will incorporate fintech in their businesses. Almost half of organizations have embedded fintech full into their strategic operating model.
- The majority of Technology, Media, Telecommunication, and Financial Services organizations worldwide are creating jobs related to fintech, but struggling to fill these positions.
- Upskilling of fintech skills is a critical component to the professional career of anyone working in finance or technology.
Biography Cesare joined the Finance Faculty at the McCombs School of Business in 2009. His primary research interest is in the area of corporate finance. His research includes work on corporate governance, executive compensation, credit rating agencies, small business financing, and the effects o...
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.