Who should attend
This Professional Certificate course is useful for senior to top management leaders, business leaders, digital strategists or equivalent, who are leading or part of an executive team for strategizing and overseeing the implementation of digital transformation for their organisation. The course will enable participants to gain an independent certification that verifies their knowledge and competency as a digital transformation leader.
This is an intensive hands-on 6 days course, and participants will expect to do prior readings, class preparation and engage actively in class discussions and projects. Participants will follow the curriculum offered for the same module in the Master of Technology in Digital Leadership program.
- Given the strategic orientation of the course, participants should typically have at least 10 years of professional experience with digital acumen and passion to assume digital leadership roles.
- Applicants may be required to furnish supporting document for consideration to join the course
About the course
We are in an era of rapid change brought about by the Industry 4.0. Digital is transforming industries and people’s life at an unprecedented pace. Every business will eventually become a digital business. A business goes through transformation to become digital, where a digital transformation is the journey of leveraging digital assets and capabilities to fundamentally rethink and radically redesign an existing business to become a digital business. Mastering digital transformation requires a deep understanding of how business models are enable by digital technology and a clear strategy and leadership to navigate this radical change.
In this Digital Organisation Models course, we look at the unique characteristics of digital business, including their business models, structural composition and the mindset and capabilities that set Digital Champions apart from the others. In doing so, this course provides a practical orientation to analyse what it takes to transform an organisation into a digital leader.
- Define digital business in the big picture context of Industry 4.0 and Smart Nation trends to analyse impact towards own industry and business
- Analyse industry trends and disruptions fuelled by digitalisation of products, digital services and business models and how it applies to own organisation
- Synthesis of market forces, movers, shakers and disruptors
- Be equipped with comprehensive knowledge in digital business models, disruptions, trends and practices.Analyse how these impact and create value to own organisation
- Evaluate the different digital organisation models and archetypes to compare with own organisation
- Identify building blocks of a digital organisation and approaches to assembling and sustaining a digital organisation
- Evaluate capabilities required to build and sustain organisation as a digital leader
- Analyse key phases of digital transformation journey and context setting for digital future and be able to define the journey for one’s own organisation
- Develop a digital model canvas that will encapsulate skills and knowledge acquire from the course to apply to one’s own industry and organisation
What Will Be Covered
- Digital Business
- Digital Ecosystem
- Digital Platforms
- Digital Leadership Thinking
- Digital Capabilities
- Digital Transformation Journey
- Building Digital Future Ready Enterprise
- Creating New Business Enabled by Digital Technology
- Digital Model Canvas
Chi Siong is currently the Chief of MTech Digital Leadership Programme and the Deputy Chief of Digital Strategy & Leadership Practice at the Institute of System Science (ISS), National University of Singapore. Chi Siong joined ISS from GIC Private Limited, where he was the Senior Vice Presid...
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.