Who should attend
This Professional Certificate course is useful for senior to top management leaders, business leaders, digital strategists or equivalent, who are leading or part of an executive team for strategising and overseeing the implementation of digital transformation for their organisation. The course will enable participants to gain an independent certification that verifies their knowledge and competency as a digital transformation leader.
This is an intensive hands-on 6 days course, and participants will expect to do prior readings, class preparation and engage actively in class discussions and projects. Participants will follow the curriculum offered for the same module in the Master of Technology in Digital Leadership program.
- Given the strategic orientation of the module, participants should typically have at least 10 years of professional experience.
- Participants should have some prior knowledge of digital business, a basic understanding of agile business practices and how digital transformation enhances business competitiveness
- Applicants may be required to furnish supporting document for consideration to join the course
About the course
In today’s fast-moving digital economy, we see a constant flow of innovations, disruptive business models and sometimes chaos that are transforming the businesses in many industries, even faster than they can ever imagine.
Digital Agility refers to the ability of an organisation and its leaders to optimise the use of digital enablers to respond rapidly to unpredictable changes as well as seize new opportunities in the market environment. Digital Agility is the key to accelerating Digital Transformation and such disruptive transformation will not be successful without an effective Digital Change Leadership.
The course will focus on how Digital Leaders develop strategic decisions and build capabilities to increase Digital Agility to compete within an existing business, expanding to new business areas or even enabling far-sighted pioneering agility that exploits technology to pioneer new industry initiatives successfully.
Through this course, participants will also learn what it takes to be effective change leaders with the abilities to build the right alignment on people-culture, mindset, organisational structure, new ways of working and stakeholder management as they plan and execute digital transformation for their business.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Benchmark and set vision for an appropriate level of digital agility for the organisation.
- Select high-level options and develop a high-level plan for the development of capabilities to achieve the desired digital agility.
- Assess progress towards digital agility vision and the need and readiness for fostering of organisational agility and trust
- Develop a personal plan to improve own agile capability so as to support digital agility as well as provide a leadership example to the organisation
- Evaluate the right level of empowerment, decentralised decision-making and distributed controls to drive organisational changes.
- Analyse and justify the forming of agile and autonomous organisation structure that can respond effectively to the evolving digital business environment
- Create new alignment of business support services such as Human Capital Management and Financial Management that can drive organisational changes effectively.
- Develop a stakeholder engagement strategy to lead effective changes within the organisation and in their business ecosystem.
- Evaluate how are the existing culture becomes the key barriers to Digital Transformation and develop an integrated change strategy to shape the new desired culture and ways of working to support Digital Transformation.
What Will Be Covered
This course will cover:
- Introduction to Digital Agility and Digital Change Leadership
- Digital Agility to enhance Existing Businesses
- Digital Agility to achieve Agile Expansion into New Businesses
- Digital Agility to enable Far-sighted Pioneering Agility
- Personal Digital Agility at the Leadership Level
- Empowering People To Drive Organisational Changes
- Optimising Organization Structure For Agility And Autonomy
- Enable Digital Transformation With Responsive Business Support Services
- Stakeholders Engagement within the Organisation and Business Ecosystem
- The Right Culture and Integrated Change Strategy for Digital Transformation.
Sharon has 20 years of career in Information Technology (IT), with vast experience in Retail and Telecommunication industries. She is an experienced technology leader who had worked in multinational companies for Asia Pacific region and excel at strategic planning, business engagement and portfol...
Boon Nam has over 25 years of management experience in IT, holding management portfolios in IT planning, architecture, governance, quality and process improvement, application development, operations, human resource development, financial management and outsourcing. He has also developed and impl...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.