Who should attend
- Coaches who would like to become professionally qualified, gain more ICF-approved training and enhance their coaching skills.
- Managers and leaders in business who would like to add coaching as a skill to their repertoire or enhance their skills through a rigorous training programme.
- Learning and development and HR professionals who are interested in understanding the different theoretical underpinnings and core foundational skills of coaching.
- Participants may be internal coaches, or those who coach informally in their organisations.
About the course
Develop professional coaching competences for sustained personal and organisational success
Your journey to becoming a professional business coach begins here.
The GIBS Professional Business Coaching course is accredited by the International Coach Federation (ACSTH) and Institute of Management Consultants and Master Coaches South Africa (IMCSA). Our PBCP Programme is designed to provide you with the necessary tools, experiences and feedback to develop your professional coaching competencies and kickstart your potential coaching career. This course is perfect for you, if you are looking to pivot your career to coaching. Our design team and faculty are committed to your business success. This course also provides frameworks to enhance your organisational coaching culture and further develop yourself as a human-centric leader.
Leaders across the globe recognize the importance of coach competencies in catalyzing both their own and the team's freshest thinking. Coaching has been featured as an enhancer of performance and growth. In today's complex world, where the traditional paradigm of command-control management no longer resonates, those that do not leverage a coach way of being, and consciously develop an organisational coach culture, may be left behind!
*Key focus areas *
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- locate coaching as a key tool for supporting individual development and leadership skills, thus supporting sustainable change in organisations;
- improve your foundational knowledge of coaching and competently use coaching skills within an ICF competency framework;
- build on the understanding of 'use of self' as a core concept in coaching;
- understand and apply various coaching models;
- understand the business context of coaching and its potential to enhance professional outputs; and
- develop a personal road map for the next steps in your professional coaching journey (including guidance on completing your ICF credentialing process, if appropriate).
How you will benefit
This programme will offer you the opportunity to gain an understanding of and build skills in:
- Core ICF coaching competencies;
- Coaching competencies within an organisational context;
- Aligning organisational cultures and leadership frameworks within coaching;
- Ethics of coaching within an organisational context;
- The distinction between coaching, consulting, therapy, counselling and mentoring;
- Coaching approaches used in the South African business context (including Narrative, Integral, Neuroleadership, Emotional and Social Intelligence, and Gestalt) which will you to distinguish between different coaching approaches and enable your choice of continued training in alignment with personal orientation; and
- Self-awareness of personal views and orientation toward different coaching approaches (use of self in coaching).
- enhanced self-awareness and empathy for personal transformation
Profile "Don''t ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." Howard Thurman Stephanie has a financial background as a chartered accountant and stock broker. She has held sen...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.