Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Vlerick Business School Executive Education.Full disclaimer.
Launch new products and services successfully on the market
As a product manager, you need to successfully position and introduce new products and services; maintain a balance between Sales and R&D; manage the product lines of existing products and innovations; and turn new products into a competitive advantage.
Product Managers are key performers in all sectors of the labour market, although a formal bachelor’s or master’s degree in Product Management does not exist. To fill this educational gap, Vlerick has developed this programme to help you excel as a Product Manager and perform your job at your best.
In this programme, you learn what the key capabilities and skills of a product champion are − and how to implement them.
After this 4-day programme, you will return to your organisation with a Product Management toolbox that includes all of the fundamental concepts, models and frameworks − ready to apply in practice.
WHY THIS PROGRAMME?
What is the added value of following the programme 'Product Management'?
- You will acquire the latest concepts and practices in Product Management
- Not only will you predict the market, you will also conquer it with the help of strategic positioning techniques, product line management and a sophisticated communication mix
You belong to the new generation of Product Managers, and are therefore face with a lot of challenges. You will go through each module, step by step, in order to cover the whole of Product Management. This ensures that you will properly acquire all the building blocks for the future. And, as always, theoretical concepts tie in with practice-based examples.
Top-level faculty is involved in this programme representing a mix of professors and expert practitioners. We offer a valuable practical dimension with real-life examples and case discussions of local and international companies. With the aid of the tools, checklists and templates provided in these modules, you’ll sharpen and further develop your product management competencies. Furthermore, during work groups and interactive sessions, you’ll develop the necessary insights to fully apply your knowledge to your competitive advantage in the market.
The programme 'Product Management' consists of 6 modules:
Module 1: Creating value as a Product Manager
- Introduction to Product Management
- What are the priorities and responsibilities of the Product Manager?
- Identifying a Product Manager’s key challenges
- Developing your winning value proposition
- The product manager as value creator and value capturer
- Avenues for growth: managing the product line
Module 2: Innovating as a growth vehicle
- Ideation as a process to innovate and develop
- Guidelines for selecting the great idea
- The roadmap to integrate and align innovation planning
Module 3: Bringing your products to the market * * Orchestrating the product launch from the communication perspective * How can social media be integrated in the communication mix? * Strategic pricing of your product * The impact of pricing on your business * Pricing as a marketing tool
Module 4: Co-creating with customers
- Drivers, benefits & motivators of co-creation
- What are the conditions for success?
- What are the obstacles and limits?
Module 5: Budgeting your product portfolio
- How to make a financial business plan for your new products?
- How to draw up the budget for your product portfolio?
- How to control your budget?
Module 6: Influencing your internal & external stakeholders
- Creating trust within and outside your team
- The recipe for persuading people
- The motivators for people to change
Who should attend
- Mid-level professionals responsible for marketing new products and services
- Product Managers keen on sharpening their strategic product management competencies
- Professionals with an R&D or sales background moving into a Product Manager position
- Brand Managers, Marketers and Business Developers looking to develop in-depth insights into strategic product management
- Professionals from small or large enterprises, focussing on services or products, both in B2B or B2C settings