Who should attend
High-potential Talents and Managers
About the course
A few days to go through what people experience in years with a company
This course focuses on business skills that are relevant for any job, in any industry and in any organisation. Independent from their working experience, “Problem Solving & Decision Making” will provide valuable input to the participants’ existing foundation for future growth in their professional careers.
PSDM aims to support the learning of a structured work method so that participants can:
- learn how to solve problems independently
- experience how to work in teams
- get the fundamentals of finance
- practise decision-making techniques and tools
- conduct interviews
- structure presentations
- develop communication skills
CHALLENGE YOURSELF AND EMBARK ON A FASCINATING JOURNEY OF DISCOVERY
Starting from a real case and analysing it in depth, you will be presented with and solve problems, taking on your own decision responsibilities. This is a way to grow quickly, practically and effectively.
A STRATEGIC APPROACH TO PROBLEM SOLVING, TO PUT YOURSELF TO THE TEST WITH REAL SITUATIONS
- analysing and defining the situation;
- structuring and prioritising the problem, using logic trees, issue analysis and pyramid thinking;
- synthesising appropriate conclusions and recommendations to different stakeholders
HOW TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS AND DECISIONS IN FRONT OF A GROUP: CHOOSING, ARGUING, PRESENTING
- Participants will experience and learn how to leverage on a structured decision-making process, focusing on how to choose between comparable alternatives.
- The redundancy of information on the case will allow for the use of techniques on how to collect information, select pieces of it and prioritise.
- In the final part of the programme, participants will be asked to synthesise the solutions into memorable messages and to present them to a tough audience in an effective way.
TEAMWORK: A VALUABLE RESOURCE TO LEARN INDEPENDENT DECISION MAKING
80% of the programme will have participants working in groups, experiencing the challenges and advantages of teamwork and learning relevant high-performance techniques on the field.
Biography Vittorio de Pedys , graduate with honors and laude in 1985 in Economics, is Affiliate Professor of Finance and Management since 2006 a ESCP Europe Torino campus. He teaches all modules of Finance from Fundamentals of Fin. to Corporate Fin. to Mergers and Acquisitions at MEB, MIM ,and MB...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.