The Private Equity program is aimed at both investors and business owners that wish to enhance understanding of the various stages of the investment process. Leading professors and industry specialists guide participants from opportunity selection to harvesting returns. With a focus on growth equity and buyouts, participants learn how private equity is the driving force behind company acquisition in the current market. Open to participants from both sides of the investment process, investors and business owners will network while sharing in a unique and sophisticated learning program.
BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAM
- Gain insight into investment initiatives from expert practitioners.
- Build relationships with investors and business owners to foster value creation.
- Learn how to recognize and utilize the tools required at each stage of the investment process.
- Essential valuation techniques.
- Newly-established professional relationships with other industry specialists.
- In-depth knowledge of how investment theory is applied to the private equity process.
The Private Equity program makes use of case studies, negotiation exercises and lectures from industry professionals to teach participants everything they need to know about the investment process. Through a mix of sessions held by our world-class faculty and lectures from industry professionals, the program will give participants a comprehensive view of both the theory and practice of private equity processes.
MODULE 1: THE PRIVATE EQUITY MODEL
- Business model
- Structure of PE funds
- Competitive strategies
- The investment cycle
- In-class exercise: Analysis of a PE fund Screening and Opportunity Selection
- Criteria and frameworks to evaluate opportunities
- PE fund requirements in evaluating new opportunities
MODULE 2: VALUEATION TECHNIQUES
- Discussion and demonstration of key valuation methodologies
- LBO analytics
- Case study
MODULE 3: STRUCTURING AND NEGOTIATION
- Issues in structuring through Special Purpose Vehicles (SPV): taxes, control, exit, governance, funding sources.
- Common vehicles and limitations
- Shareholders’ Agreements (SHA) and Sale & Purchase Agreements (SPA)
- Process and structuring of the deal
- Critical considerations
- Minorities vs. majorities vs. 100% acquisitions
MODULE 4: VALUE CREATION AND EXIT STRATEGIES
- Value drivers: growth, restructuring, leverage, strategic plays
- Exit strategies (IPO, trade sale, secondary buy-out)
- Partial exits, next rounds
Who should attend
Investors and owners/top management of target companies.