Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Indian Institute of Management Bangalore.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Private Equity has taken the position of an important source of both strategic and growth capital for Indian companies. From start-up phase to a listed company, private equity finds application in every phase of growth. The vibrancy of the capital market provides the necessary impetus to a thriving private equity sector and provides multiple financing opportunities for growth oriented companies.
This programme is designed to address the learning requirements for professionals, academics and students engaged in or interested to learn the nuances of private equity and capital market financing activity. It provides expert conceptual and practical insights on the entire gamut of private equity from both buy and sell side strategies. Topics in private equity include Start-up VC financing, private equity valuations and deal structures, DDR, term sheets and regulatory aspects. Extensive discussions on PE strategy, documentation aspects and post-investment aspects will be included.
Capital market financing topics shall include various forms of capital market fund raising comprising of IPO, FPO, Rights, Preferential allotments, and PIPEs / QIPs for listed companies. Discussions will cover aspects such as strategic aspects of listing decision, planning and preparing the IPO blueprint, issue pricing and structure, facing due diligence, hiring intermediaries, the issue process, ICDR regulations, Offer Documents and important aspects of disclosures and representations.
- Private Equity Spectrum, Pre-fund raising process - Preparing for fund raising, mandating the investment bank
- Fund raising Process - Information Memorandum, due diligence, term sheet negotiation, definitive agreements, closing.
- Valuation approaches for Early Stage PE (Venture Capital) and later Stage Private Equity
- Fund perspective, Role Play, Board level engagement, Managing Exit requirements.
- Specific coverage of the Start-up Phenomenon
- Legal aspects of Shareholders’ Agreement and Share Subscription Agreement.
- Going Public – The Listing Decision – Strategic and Financial Aspects, Planning and preparing the IPO blueprint, facing diligence review, IPO process. Regulatory framework, important compliances and certifications.
- Rights Issues, FPOs, QIPs, PIPEs and Preferential Private Placements – Strategic Considerations, SEBI Regulations, Company Law requirements, Pricing requirements and Process overview.
- Case Studies and Group work
Who should attend
Corporate executives dealing with corporate fund raising function in middle and senior management levels with a finance background – i.e. CA, ICWA, ACS, BA(Finance), CFA.
Consulting firms, investment banks, commercial banks, financial services firms and NBFCst dealing with project finance either playing an advisory or a financing role.
Practising chartered accountants, company secretaries and cost accountants dealing with VC / PE investments or Capital Market advisory and certifications.
Entrepreneurs, corporate directors, academics, newly qualified finance professionals and students pursuing research or professional finance courses who are looking out for advanced learnings and expert insights in Private Equity and Capital Market Issuances
Trust the experts
Professor Thampy’s areas of interest are Corporate Finance, Financial Risk Management, Industrial Economics, Banking, and Regulation. Research His current research is in Corporate Finance and Banking. Teaching He teaches corporate finance and banking in the MBA and executive education program...
Mr. Pratap Giri S., B.Com, FCA, FCS, MIOD is a rank holder in the Chartered Accountancy final Examination with post-qualification experience of 29 years. He has been a practitioner and consultant for the past 22 years in the area of corporate advisory and investment banking. He specialises in str...