Who should attend
- Professional fundraisers who want to broaden their skills and knowledge
- Those seeking to enter the development profession or have just started a new position in development
- Volunteers engaged in fundraising activities
About the course
Villanova's Principles of Fundraising course provides students with tools and data-driven solutions needed to execute successful development activities.
Effective fundraising requires sophisticated techniques for identifying, cultivating, and soliciting potential donors. Students learn from a team of exceptional faculty practitioners and develop a portfolio of strategies and skills to implement an effective approach to goal setting, strategic outreach and communication with donors.
The Principles of Fundraising course is offered in collaboration with the Association of Fundraising Professionals - Greater Philadelphia Chapter (AFP-GPC).
Villanova University will award 3.0 Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) along with a certificate of achievement upon completion of the course, which can be applied towards the Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) credential (30 points). CFRE International certifies experienced fundraising professionals aspiring to the highest standards of ethics, competence, and service to the philanthropic sector. Learn how to become a CFRE.
What Will You Learn?
You will learn how to:
- Plan, implement and manage an annual giving program.
- Identify the best multi-media communication strategies and how to adapt your message per each outreach outlet.
- Apply the latest information technology to your fundraising program.
- Organize and host a successful solicitation event.
- Build meaningful, workable relationships with board members and volunteers.
- Assess your current organizations major gifts plan and how to implement better strategies for success through goal setting, strategic outreach, and communication with donors.
Stephanie Cory is committed to strengthening the nonprofit sector through education. She has dedicated her career to the sector since 2003. Experience Stephanie has served as an executive director for a health advocacy organization as well as held development and program management roles for orga...
Certified Fund Raising Executive with over 20 years of progressively responsible experience, including over eight years of supervisory experience. Knowledgeable in all aspects of fundraising, including annual giving, special events, major gifts, corporate and foundation relations, grant writing, ...
Lise is an experienced fundraiser, dynamic speaker, educator, and mentor. With a focus on healthcare, her more than 25 years of professional fundraising and development career includes extensive experience in special events, annual fund, major gifts and planned giving. As a certified AFP Master ...
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.