About the course
Gain the skills and knowledge needed to navigate the economic side of health care. Become familiar with the basic principles of finance and understand the documents that reveal the fiscal health of an organization. By the end of the course, physician leaders will have covered strategies for managing costs and revenue in evolving payment systems.
- The economic pressures in the health care industry (and response to these pressures by health care organizations)
- The relationship between operating results and the financial health of an organization
- The economics of managing the cost structure and revenue function of the operating budget process in volume-based and fixed-pay environments.
- Provide an overview of the economic pressures in the health care industry and responses to these pressures by health care organizations.
- Explore the importance of the relationship between the operating results and the financial health of the health care organization (i.e., the relationship between the Income Statement and the Balance Sheet).
- Review the economics of managing the cost structure and revenue function of the operating budget process in a volume-based and fixed-pay environments (i.e., bundled and capitated).
Method of Participation
To complete this program successfully and claim credit, participants must follow these steps:
- Read the educational objectives provided on the course summary page.
- Attend the sessions or watch all the video lectures for this course (if applicable).
- Read any course materials and complete any required activities.
- Complete the course evaluation and post-test via your dashboard on the Association website. Successful completion of a given activity's post-test requires a minimum 75% passing score prior to claiming CME credit, with three attempts allowed.
- CME certificates will be available for printing after claiming CME credit.
- Estimated time for course completion is equivalent to the CME credit hours.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.